1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Exactly what type of spectating is bannable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JiffIez, Feb 5, 2018.

1. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

So JayP and OG Rule have informed me that afk in spectator is bannable. Obviously that's logical. Yet I've seen some afk people in spectator at the same time when a server is full and they were not kicked. So....which is it? Is all spectating bannable or only those that badmins choose to ban? Why allow spectator in the first place if people are going to get banned if the server is full? There are just so many inconsistencies here idk what to do with it.
    Note: I'm expecting an actual answer and solution here please. Is it just AUS logic or....what?
    Yes, it's going to be one of those threads. Please choose your admins wisely. Rules are rules, not "cuz we feel like it" excuses.
    @JayP9 @OG_Rule @ferlinpinpin

2. LazikLion

LazikLion Arsonist

yeh fuck those guys

3. Waxtor

Waxtor Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. KAG World Cup 2018
    2. Gather Oceania

Don't come saying that the others were not kicked, Cruxiat was kicked after you were; Crux came back 5mins before you did and shortly went to spec, the server was not full and he was in spectator for no more than 2mins. Be considerate to the others trying to get in and don't spectate when the server is full, sounds fair enough to me. Also don't come in and get annoyed talking about abuse of rules when people in discord have layed complaints about you team killing stating that you has turned into a regular team killer.
    Much Love :heart:

epsilon and Cruxiat like this.
  4. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I was afk in spec for an hour, didn't realise the server was full. When I was kicked, I didn't get angry because it's just a logical thing that when someone is occupying a spot they're not using, they really should be removed. It's not "AUS Logic" it's just common sense.

as for your other claim of "I've seen people spectate when servers are full and they weren't banned" you gotta understand that admins are human too and sometimes make mistakes. They can't be omniscient and predict who's going to be breaking what rules, they're doing their best. I'd suggest learning from this experience + trying not to get salty at everyone in the server, doesn't really help your case.

Ruleral likes this.
  5. to clarify on the situation, you were banned only because you were votekicked by the other players on the server, which resulted in a 15 minute ban (before i was on the server, jayp informed me of this) usually if the server is full we will kick players, not ban them, in specatator so as to free up slots, because 7-12 is prime time aus ctf and we are always getting 20/20 servers. I asked you to stop complaining about "badminning", because the admin at the time was not even involved in your ban, and I also asked you to end the discussion, and go ping furai to ask whether its ok to kick people for being afk in spectator rather than trying to argue it with me.

Guitarman, Lava, Kazaco97 and 4 others like this.
  6. LazikLion

LazikLion Arsonist

Don't listen to the haters @JiffIez

- Cruxiat is only defending them because he wants Oceania admin

- Link has 1 message so is he even a true kager?

- Ruleral is a genuine cunt, that's all.

My honest advice would just to be dab on them.

Lava, Waxtor, Cruxiat and 1 other person like this.
  7. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Listen to @LazikLion mate, everyone is just being a player hater. I think you're a sickcunt regardless keep doing you

LazikLion likes this.
  8. Waxtor

1. KAG World Cup 2018
    2. Gather Oceania

That isn't any way to respect your new people, I am saddened and shocked that you would question whether or not I am a "True kager". D I S G U S T I N G :QQ:

9. LazikLion

LazikLion Arsonist

who the fook is that guy?

JayP9 likes this.
  10. Waxtor

1. KAG World Cup 2018
    2. Gather Oceania

11. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

@Link - The entire time I was there the second time (after being banned), crux was afk in spec on a full server. I'm not talking about the first time where, allegedly, he came back. Also, I admit nothing about teamkilling except that I give "love taps" to people I respect. :heart:

@Ruleral - Why do you think I made this thread now? This thread should put and end to this "Kick in Spectator" issue once and for all by getting a straight answer from someone in charge in writing for all to see. I'm hoping that this will give 100% clarity as for what kind of Spectating is bannable and why there is a Spectator mode at all if it's bannable in the first place.

@Cruxiat - I'm very well aware that admins are human too. But if a spectator is afk in spec mode for over an hour (in many cases I've seen) while the server is full and nothing is done while an admin is present, then when does this "common sense rule" apply exactly? Also, I'm not being salty, I'm being an ass. This issue has been a long time coming and I'm raising it now to be dealt with.

@JayP9 & @LazikLion - I love you too :heart:

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, Ruleral asked me to come clarify. This is, hopefully, me doing that.

:right: AFK players can & should be kicked whenever necessary. Particularly with a fuller server. Being in spectator is no protection from this.

:right: Kicked is the operative term here. No one, ideally, should be banned (admins have instructions to only use the kick power when dealing with AFK cases); however, if you are removed by vote-kick then (unfortunately) a 15min automatic ban is applied as part of the vote-kick.

:right: While I personally encourage admins to be extremely careful when going AFK in spec (because if the server gets too full a vote-kick can't remove them, which is awkward), I recognise that there's a reasonable argument to be made for the deterrent value even an AFK admin in spec. can offer.

:right: The above said, if an admin makes a habit of jamming up full servers then we'll be needing to be having words.
    ----

Hopefully that helps clear things up; if not, ask and I'll do my best to be of further assistance. Ciao. :teabag:

Biurza, JiffIez, Waxtor and 4 others like this.
  13. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Gracias Fuzzy. The Baron hath spoken.