1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Match W/L along with the K/D in CTF

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ThePiemaster, Jan 17, 2018.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

Any way to keep track of users CTF match W/L along with K/D?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2018 ---
    It would hugely add to the competitiveness of the builders and team players of the game.

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's possible in modded servers. Back in the day Black Death servers had it, via certain commands you could check your all-time stats, which you could also find at the server's wepbage.

3. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

Hmm... I haven't seen black death in ages, Char's server is the only active competitive mod, how is checking W/L done? Who runs it? Why can't they be tracked on the official servers? So many questions. If the stats were tracked, I think KAG would make a fantastic MLG game.

bunnie likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The kag api only allows you to view server info such as server name, description, player count, max players, player list, etc. That means only mods would be able to get more detailed data from a server.

Cruxiat likes this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Checking win/loss rate of a player (or generally anything else for the matter) can be done through a mod or even through TCPR, but it requires having a RCON password set and of course having TCPR enabled... But you need authorization.
    I don't recall if wins are displayed in logs but it could be polled anyway, along with the player count.

ThePiemaster likes this.
  6. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

Thanks, I'd like to learn to develop for KAG, would this be a simple enough one to learn on? I don't know exactly how to request RCON. Where would that log end up?

7. i fully support this

8. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Makmoud98's ranked ctf mod pulls this off really well, I'd highly recommend everyone go take a look. (of course there's a few wrinkles to be ironed out) but overall it's a really fun competitive experience when points are on the line

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We are indeed interested in integrating @makmoud98's work once it's ready - apparently it's for a school thing and therefore has a few edges to smooth over before it's ready for integration officially. We're definitely going to keep unranked servers concurrently, for those that don't want to play competitively all the time.

---

As for good "learning kag modding" projects - this kind of thing would probably work if you have existing development experience, but as mak's already done a lot of the work (and it's been done a few separate times with black death etc having their own implementation), your time might be better spent elsewhere :)

The majority of the game can be modified in some capacity though (check the github repo for all the user-modifiable/"open source" stuff), and tcpr fills in some of the gaps (allowing you to write your own program that runs adjacent to the server and just "talks to" the game to provide whatever functionality is needed. We're open to engine additions if and where they'd be useful as well :thumbs_up:

makmoud98, FG, epsilon and 1 other person like this.
  10. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

@ThePiemaster you may be interested to look at KScript2 (https://github.com/nitreo/kscript2) which was used on the old Black Death servers to keep a record of K/D in CTF. KScript2 is an event driven system allowing events in game to be responded to by external scripts in real time over TCPR. In game K/D was implemented by listening for 'kill' and 'death' events and saving these to a database.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get KScript2 up and running on a new server I should think.

I've also been doing a similar thing recently with my competitive mod for 1v1s. Although I decided KScript2 was not suitable for my purposes and I've developed a different, request based system.

If you are interested in developing something like this I can definitely offer some advice because it's still fresh in my mind.

But be warned something like this is not a simple modding project. If you haven't done any kag modding before this is definitely starting at the deep end. I suggest maybe trying some simpler challenges where you're just changing existing scripts - you will see results a lot faster this way.

Cruxiat and epsilon like this.
  11. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

*cough* player cards *cough*

12. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

There's a ranked CTF US mod up!!! Go go go!

Mods: Rainbows