1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rated 1v1 Server

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Eluded, Mar 29, 2017.

1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

:kappa:

Cruxiat likes this.
  2. Is it really though? I played a bit and I noticed that the amount of points I gained was greatest when I 5-0'd someone(99 Points gained). The person I beat then beat me 5-4 and then he took significantly less from me.
    If what I'm saying is true (I hope its not) then something should change because you can farm bad players and not play a single good one and still rack up a big rank. People can just avoid the good players and play the bad ones to buff up their "ELO" judging the rank lists provided , that seems to be whats happened.

Great mod though, I like the effort you're putting into the game @Eluded :thumbs_up::heart:

3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

You need to be more skilled to win 5-0 with some player than to win 5-4 with him. That makes pro players easier to climb the ladder if they are late to the party. Also you can't farm bad player coz you get really few points for beating someone with substantially smaller ELO than yours. You probably won't gain any if you don't make it flawless victory. Even with flawless you don't get a lot from rekking noobs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  4. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

It's really hard to keep high rank, you gain like 20 points for a flawless win. You can lose even one rank in case of a lost match (200 points).
    One of the weaknesses of Elo rating system are players avoiding play to protect their ratings.
    Farming low rank players is possible but it's hard to find a good solution here.

5. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Can you have new maps, I really don't like the tdm ones, more flat-ish
    cuz god damn tdm maps are shit, no offence. just make a simple map for once in your life, I hate over complicated maps

6. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Eluded said he is going to implement diffrent map for diffrent classes. Archers one will be taken from Baron Warchest sever probably. For builder I made 3 maps myself but there will be more needed for sure. I don't think anyone made 1v1 maps for knight tho.
    (correct me if I'm wrong Eluded)

7. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Fuck it, I'll make some, trust me they won't have obnoxious holes.

8. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

It's proving more difficult than I thought to make the rating system fair for everyone.
    This is true - if you win 5/0 you'll gain a lot more points than winning 5/4.

It's because ELO predicts the average score between two players. A good player in kag might beat a mediocre player 70% of the time. So the expected score is 0.7. If the good player wins 5/0 then the actual score is 1.0. So the good player has exceeded expectations and deserves to gain points.

The biggest problems now are that there's not much progression for players lower in the ladder (in the 900s or 1000s) because most of the people playing the mod are strong players who will crush the newer players (which let's face it is not fun unless you have some weird enjoyment for that kind of thing). Then also very high rated players 2000+ can lose massive amounts of points for a single loss which encourages them to just not play at all so they don't lose rank.

I think the solution to these things is maybe to lower the ranks (making most players silver, then bronze being maybe 900 and peasant 750 or something). Then making it slightly harder to climb, but also harder to fall after you've played a lot of games. (If someone has played 100 games in 2000+ rating then they probably deserve to be there and shouldn't be pushed down to 1800 for a couple of losses)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 6, 2017 ---
    I'm going to release a new version of the mod soon. After that I'll probably host a (cheap) US server unless anyone is volunteering to. @Cruxiat may possibly host an AUS server.

@Cohen has made some much better forum widgets which are going to look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Tern, FuzzyBlueBaron, mcrifel and 4 others like this.
  9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Looking damn fine, Eluded. Much props. :smug::thumbs_up:

10. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

is this still being developed? I'm keen to hear about any updates you guys have.

Varion and Biurza like this.
  11. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

After some downtime, rated 1v1 has now returned as KAGLadder. There is also a website at https://kagladder.com/ to display everyone's ranks and matches. AUS and US servers are coming soon.

12. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

best mod of all time

13. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

AUS servers are up!

on a sidenote; I have literally had more fun in this mod spectating than I have in most other $60 games. this really is a must try for everyone. 10/10

14. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Really impressive mod, but not my cup of tea