1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Parkour in KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bunnie, Mar 13, 2018.

?

Would you play on a parkour server where you can chill and jump?

1. ja

100.0%
  2. nein

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

So I've been bored a bit lately, and decided to do something productive. That is, doing pointless, autistic shit in sandbox. While messing around with platforms, I wondered if you could do some sick parkour using them?
    https://gfycat.com/PortlyIllinformedCapybara
    Maybe I'll host a parkour server, like master4523 once did in classic... could be fun :rekt:

Blubahub, AgentHightower, Asu and 8 others like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

That honestly looks like an amazing idea!

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Parkour is pretty fun. A pretty good builder obstacle is to build a 5-block overhang over a wall, and a ladder below the overhang (against the wall). It's possible to jump around the overhang with some difficulty.

Example diagram:

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::ladder:
    :castle_wall::ladder:
    :castle_wall::ladder::blank::fcp:

I'm 70% sure the platform climbing interactions in your gif are going to be removed in an upcoming patch, sadly. (Source)

4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

then I'll mod it back into the game ::):

5. I agree, but please don't make it only Archer (or at least for every parkour map) and/or like Vamist's Parkour server. I tried Vamist's, and its ... extreme. He uses crazy slings, like slinging across a 50+ block gap (that number is actually really accurate) by grappling and jumping left to right then slinging across the gap. I think it would be fun if you did one per class, then some extra ones that can be done with any of the classes..!

6. Orso

Orso Haxor Official Server Admin

And dont make a time limit as in Vamist's parkour serv. Just make all in one map :)

AmestriStephen likes this.
  7. Well, @Orso, how will the map switch? After all, a vote to skip the map could be knocked down, and then once all the players have finished they got to wait 8 or some minutes to do another vote!!!

8. Orso

Orso Haxor Official Server Admin

You don't switch the map, you just make all the parkour in a huge map and switch betwin them with tunnel for exemple.
    It's soooooo frustating to go to the next map when you fuk*** succed this jump you were trying for 3hours.

bunnie likes this.