1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Winter is Coming

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, peeps and lovelies. Just a small community related announcement. ::):

I've been using the last few days to reflect on recent events in our salty little enclave. I've discussed them with other staff and friends in the community management gig.

The conclusion I've reached is that I would be wise to keep the hedge shears nearby. As such, in line with my current status (link), I am officially giving notice:

This will not affect most users; merely those who, as mentioned, should have known better. As such, there will be no ifs, buts, appeals, or rights of reply. If you strike out, it will be because you've earned it.

That's about it, really. :teabag:

If you would like me to clarify anything, please ask below.

Love and kisses, one and all. :heart:
    ~fbb

jonipro, l3afysamz, Noburu and 3 others like this.
  2. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

So what you're saying is - the ban hammer is coming out?

jonipro, FunATuns, Psiklaw and 3 others like this.
  3. Turtlebutt

Turtlebutt Bison Rider Tester

But its spring?

JaytleBee and jonipro like this.
  4. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Can I get a "rip bunnie" in the chat

jonipro, Lava, platy1knight and 12 others like this.
  5. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

20180315_221455_0001.png
    @bunnie

jonipro, Lava, Didgedy and 8 others like this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yes and no. What I'm doing, essentially, is highlighting a shift in how I personally handle the job. Which, yes, does have wider implications; as I have often been the only voice that spoke up for giving certain users a second chance when all else pointed to a hasty exit on their part.

Looking back: for better or for worse, an insistence that even shit-posting edgelords be afforded grace, and a chance at redemption (in addition to the full protection provided by the rules), has---and will continue to be---core to my approach; however, my willingness to advocate on behalf of troublesome users is, as of this post, operating in a diminished capacity.

This will, as said, not really effect most community members; but, seeing as it's been a fairly constant (if hidden) thread through the life of my administration, I felt it was fair to make the announcement to all that I was changing down gears.

No bans are occurring immediately as a result of this stance shift, but I feel it fairly likely that they occur in the near future. Unless, ofc, some members of the community are able to adjust to this new paradigm---being one where their only advocate behind closed doors is sick of them abusing the grace extended them. I guess we'll see.

Not in this admin's heart, I'm afraid.

Not necessarily. bunnie has definitely contributed to the New Deal, but he's not being singled out here (albeit I'll admit he's certainly our most prominent candidate for future expulsion, if he can't be self-controlled).

jonipro and Psiklaw like this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

What are you talking about? This forum is essentially dead and the worst you get is a shitpost here and there.

9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

tbh that's still pretty alive for KAG don't you think
    i'm pretty sure he's mainly talking discord and in-game

both of which are dead (maybe discord on a lesser scale)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    jonipro and FunATuns like this.
  10. Gregorian

Gregorian Drill Rusher Staff Alumni Tester

11. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

So no more Rick and Morty gay fan fic?

bru-jaz and jonipro like this.
  12. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

13. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

F

Edit: Seriously though, adding a "if we don't like you, you will be banned" rule is stupid. Bunnie, the person responsible for FBB making this post, is a pillar of the community. The amount of things he does to keep this community alive is astounding, no one here can compare to his passion for the game, and his ambitions to keep it alive. Yes he shit posts, but honestly who cares at this point. Just look around you, this place is falling apart. If you ban Bunnie, it would be a massive blow to the EU competitive scene (one of the reasons people still play this game, like myself) and the KAG community as a whole.

If you want to ban Bunnie then catch him breaking a rule where he should rightfully get that ban. But don't make up a bullshit rule to make it easier to ban him just because you don't like his shitposting.

Give Bunnie a break, stop trying to witch hunt him.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  14. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

F

jonipro and bunnie like this.
  15. FunATuns

F, "we want to be able to permantly ban people we don't like with them having no chance of appealing"

"Why don't people stay in kag"
    "Why is kag dead"

Can admins focus on cleaning up servers instead of banning shit posters who are the only active members of the community left

16. it took me a while to come up with a reply to this post that would not be offensive. let's just say i strongly disagree with this post and question your mental development

17. Machei

Machei Shipwright

50% community of all players = bunnie

If bunnie is dead then 50% of community players will be lost or this game would be already seperated into pieces.

18. FunATuns

I appreciate your questioning of my mental health. Why don't you insult me, it wouldn't be the first admin too.

Wait a minute! Maybe in your mind I'm causing problems! Just ban me! That will get me off the forums! Genius!

Seriously tho, judging from other community members I've spoken too you aren't very involved or knowledgeably with community opinions, so please, question my mental health for an opinion I share with a majority of the non-staff community.

P. S. ily @bunnie I know no one who loves this game more than you

@norill

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  19. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Shots fired
    I love this anime
    Jk
    It's a slippery situation. Administration probably is putting efforts into making this a better place but I agree bannie is a pillar. But he is really cancerous sometimes this is truth. I still like him but there's a point to this u guys seem eager to call administrators fascists any moment now IMHO.

jonipro and FunATuns like this.
  20. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

take my babies u badmin <3

jonipro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.