1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG BUILD 2536 - Pickup Changes and Optimisations, TDM Mapcycle, 60FPS By Default, Modder Additions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 28, 2018.

?

Do you like the new pickup priorities?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2018.
  1. Yes, they work great!

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I'll tell you what needs to change in the thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

BUILD 2536 - Pickup Changes and Optimisations, TDM Mapcycle, 60FPS By Default, Modder Additions

This build rounds up a bunch of community changes and internal fixes, plus improved translation support and some modder-requested features.

The main new feature this build is highlighting class-relevant items by holding C. This only works for items that are not hidden in darkness, but does reveal items behind bushes and bodies. This change was developed mainly by Diprog in cooperation with Asu, who optimised the code and added some requested features. You can see a discussion of the changes here and here - while somewhat controversial, these changes are purely opt-in (you have to hold the button to see the effect), and may help new players understand what items are important, while helping vets quickly identify hidden items. Pickup priorities have also been reworked by Asu to improve quickly picking up what you want in the field. I've added a death tip mentioning the feature.

[​IMG]

This build also turns on "60fps" by default. Some minor issues have been fixed, but keep reports of anything strange coming! We'll continue polishing up any rough edges this month, and you can help by providing a good way to reproduce the issue you're having. You can re-enable capping the framerate with the new "capped framerate" option in the video settings if you do have issues.

We're looking at ways of capping the framerate to some variable target, for people with high frequency screens who's rigs cant quite manage 120hz, but who don't want to be stuck with 30hz.

The TDM map cycle has been reworked a little, with 3 unpopular maps being removed from the rotation, and 1 new map being added.

There's a little more translation support; particularly in the esc menu and the server browser. The RU translation has been partly updated, though there is still a little bit of google-translate in there. We're waiting on the translation teams to update each translation currently - if you'd like to contribute translations in your native tongue, you can do so through github. If you're having trouble figuring it out, get in touch with us on discord in the #development channel!

The "fused mutator-accessors" are provided for modder convenience - they mutate a property field and return the modified value, which can save you some typing and a couple of function calls for things like timers and hit counters. This was added at the request of some modders in discord.

Thanks to Asu, Diprog, Ni, and all the folks on discord, the forums, and github who prompted various changes!

Have Fun!
    Max

Code:
    Full Changelog:

Maps

[fixed] maps folder name
    [modified] TDM -3 maps, +1 map

[added] support for votekick menu translation
    [added] translation capability and a few minor fixes/improvements to spectator help
    [added] placeholder translations to russian translation file for testing gamemode list translation + login window translation
    [added] support for esc menu translation
    [added] support for translating login window and gamemodes list in server browser

Misc

[modified] death zoom faster/less obnoxious with new interpolation
    [added] highlighting for useful class items on [C]
    [modified] Rename uncapped framerate option to capped framerate
    [modified] Improve pickup priorities
    [modified] AFK vote-kick renamed to non-participation (we already have automatic afk kick)
    [fixed] climbing pass-through structures (such as enemy trapblocks)
    [fixed] endless tth games due to teams not capping halls
    [modified] properly handle ties in TTH (when neither teams cap a hall)
    [fixed] climbing pass-through structures (such as enemy trapblocks)
    [modified] slightly optimized pickup logic
    [added] more precise pickups when hovering items
    [modified] pickup doesn't depend on left/right player facing
    [removed] "recently picked up" lists, which led to accidents/items "ignoring" pickups
    [modified] reworked pickup priorities
    [fixed] removing items from inventories didn't always call hooks properly, leading to incorrectly full inventories
    [modified] clarified "All" -> "All Gamemodes" in server browser
    [added] config version for updating any defaults in future

Modding

[added] net property fused mutator-accessors for micro-optimisation/convenience
        full list: add_s8, sub_s8, add_s16, sub_s16, add_s32, sub_s32, add_u8, sub_u8, add_u16, sub_u16, add_u32, sub_u32, add_f32, sub_f32

2. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

seems nice, good job guys and keep the great work up :thumbs_up:

3. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

So does that mean a knight you could just hold down c the whole time, and now said knight could see all of the other teams mines that are hidden behind body's and bush's, if so that aspect really needs to be reworked

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Try it and see ;)

No, though they can see caches of kegs, as long as they're in the light. As they're most likely to be inside a workshop at base, it doesn't matter much imo.

5. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

ty for the reply, i will it's just the AUS servers don't get populated for another few hours, hope to see some new players coming in from the sale since the overall player base in AUS has shrunk somewhat over the last week or two

6. FG

FG Fran Donator

So picking up seeds between the saw will be easier?
    Can we have an automatic restock at tent without requiring the need to drop/hold items (or suicide) to get below 30 stone and 100 wood to acquire the restock?

7. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yes. You'll basically never pick seeds instead of a saw in a tree farm, but you can also aim stuff directly for precise pickup.

SirDangalang likes this.
  8. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

I think Geti failed to mention the new save map function in the esc menu?

Basshunter likes this.
  9. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

yeah, noticed it too

10. Geti

Hotfix BUILD 2537 coming out soon.

This build fixes a low frequency crash issue that slipped through testing - sorry to anyone affected!

Code:
    Full Changelog:

[fixed] faulty assumption of blob handles going null if the blob was removed somehow; store network ids instead

I did! It's old code that hasn't been extensively tested, but if anyone has thoughts on how it could be improved i'd be interested in doing so. I wouldn't mind a load map list as well in sandbox maybe?..

bru-jaz, FuzzyBlueBaron, Asu and 3 others like this.
  11. Basshunter

When i entered that little overlap i honestly thought that there are two options; Editor for admins only and map saver but sadly i got dissapointed.. ::D:
    Now in all seriousness i think its a very cool option and it will surely make it easier for us to save maps, i mean it wasnt really that hard to just type a command in the console but still we can save outselves a few seconds. :thumbs_up:

12. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Yeah, that would be nice for the people unfamiliar with console commands.
    Unrelated, but I've always wondered about a map vote during the end game, the same way COD does it. 2 maps pop up, people vote which one they'd rather, if inconclusive it goes to a random map.

bru-jaz, Biurza, Asu and 1 other person like this.
  13. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yeah, in particular if it can preview maps - by generating the entire minimap when hovering and displaying it? Not sure how to make it easily work on net though.

Geti likes this.
  14. Geti

Haven't played COD recently enough to remember this but I've heard similar sentiment multiple times. I'd definitely like something like that. Would need to take control of the mapcycle to scripts though, which may confuse things when it comes to mods.

We'll see if we can work something out. It'd definitely help cut down on map griping and give us a very good indicator of which maps were preferred.

bru-jaz, FG, Biurza and 3 others like this.
  15. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I really love Monkey_Feats idea about map voting at the end.
    This way we'll also prevent people from doing cancer votes at the beginning of the round, since it usually doesn't matter if map is good or bad, the first vote almost always passes, just cuz people feel like voting.
    Vote should be much bigger then though, so maximum amount of peps will vote. Would be great to fill in the time after a won round where everyone does random stuff like blowing up base with kegs etc. for example.
    IDK how it is in COD, but i'd like to see something like this:

ExampleOfKAGVotin'.jpg
    Well and ofcourse i would also like to see people not being able to vote for next map at least during build time.

FoxyLady, Geti, enderzilla747 and 5 others like this.
  16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I actually really like that idea, would atleast stop instant vote skips on maps.

Pineapple and Biurza like this.
  17. FG

FG Fran Donator

It would also be cool to have an option to re-roll the map choices incase no one likes either map.
    Unless everyone is unwilling to come to a conclusion, then the game would never start ;-;

Pineapple likes this.