1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Social Forums Add-on

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Apr 25, 2018.

?

Should we remove Social Forum Groups?

1. Yes.

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. What's that?

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey guys,

I'm planning on upgrading our forums. Here is small poll for you - I need to know if any of you guys actually use actively the social forum groups (stuff here https://forum.thd.vg/social-categories/General/).

Probably with the upgrade the add-on won't be available any more and I plan on deleting it. We can replace it with normal forum node. I never actually liked the add-on myself and seen any use to it, but it was added as people wanted something in-between conversations and full forums. Their "private" space for a clan.

So, let me know in a poll what do you think about it. If we'll get enough votes in favour keeping the add-on I'll look into some alternatives but I'd really rather not. If you have any ideas on how to solve this issue - reply to the thread.

Cheers,
    Furai

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Ni, blackjoker77777 and Biurza like this.
  2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I don't mind seeing an alternative to social forums, but I wouldn't want all the threads from them to disappear. Maybe make it so that you can't make new social forums and keep the ones already there?

3. Furai

I mean, if add-on isn't compatible with new version of XF (which most likely isn't compatible because whole API changed and how plugins are registered) I won't be able just to disable creation of new social forums and keep the old ones.

All the social forums will probably have to go, irreversibly. Like I'll have to delete them with no history kept. I'm not sure yet, maybe there are some options to change those social forums into normal forums and then archive them or something, will have to check.

king-george likes this.
  4. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Discord made social forums obsolete. Time for the rise of the T-X

5. Furai

TBH, I don't want Discord to replace everything nor it really should replace everything.

Blubahub likes this.
  6. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I agree, but I'm just stating the facts. Forums for the most part is nonexistent, though it still holds a treasure trove of information from the time before Discord was KAG's main communication platform besides in-game. Social forums aren't really a thing anymore. Of course now and again we get a new tournament sign-up, or giveaway, but really most of the use of this forums is directed in preserving prehistoric resource pages and administrator applications. Let the social forums fall

7. Furai

Ok, so it seems the majority of you is in favour of removing the add-on. I'll do my best to preserve existing topics in some kind of archive, but I cannot promise.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Pineapple like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97