1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A good example on how to revive a game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by king-george, Apr 28, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. This is a good idea and will give the game lots of players.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. This is a bad idea and will not contribute anything to the game.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yes, I know, there have been many many many threads covering this subject, but today I want to give an example on how to give KAG's playerbase a big boost.

Guns of Icarus Alliance is a game that has had a fairly small playerbase for a game of its caliber. Here is a chart from SteamDB:
    chart.png
    As you can see, it has mostly had a playerbase of mostly less than 100 players, with a few exceptions at some sales. I checked the KAG playerbase and it had about the same usual amount of players everyday.

However, they recently announced a sale of -85%. "What's a sale going to do mate?" you might be asking, but there's something really special with this sale: you get 3 copies of the game for free to give away to your friends. They haven't started to give away these free copies yet, but they should within a week or so. That spike you see on the chart is just for the sale alone. Imagine how high it'll go once these free copies are given out.

It is yet to be seen whether or not this is an effective strategy however, it could just be a big spike like all the others in the chart. I will update this thread accordingly once some time has passed to see if this gives a boost to the playerbase.

I don't know how willing or able you devs are to make something like this happen. If it's unsuccessful you could loose a lot of potential income. This thread is just to inform you, so maybe consider doing something like this if possible.

(tbh I think the playerbase right now is good as it is, but if it gets to a critical point then this could be something to try)

I hope this is in the right section :P

Blubahub, Element_Paladin and Biurza like this.
  2. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i agree, but geti lives off of kag's profits what's going to happen when supposedly, lots of new players join for a maximum of about 50 :eek:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 28, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 28, 2018 ---
    we're like not half way done with our player retention goal for this year

3. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Great idea. KAG is already on its all-time low on G2A, so let's push it even further. With how the game's doing now, nobody will want those keys - not even if you shoved them down their throat.

king-george likes this.
  4. Element_Paladin

Element_Paladin Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

you wouldn't need them to want it if you already forced it on them fuzzle

5. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

The devs earn almost nothing from G2A sales. If those sales were directed to the devs, then they could use it to get more devs to make the game.

Unless Geti pockets it all.