1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Solve the "full server" problem

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by LeButch, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
Mods: Rainbows
  1. LeButch

LeButch Shark Slayer

Why are you linking totally different subjects?! Hilighting usefull items or gifting copies of a game does not belong to this subject!
    You as an administrator (I think you are) do not have the problem, cause you can just join full servers. A queue system is a good idea, but I still find it not good to wait for someone to leave this server.
    You say most people do not like this system, cause you personally do not like it. Do a voting on the Discord server or here, then you can say most people do not like it!

Also, your comment does not include ANY arguments against my system, you just say you do not like it. Then you tell me, there were other people suggesting that but cot convinced of them being wrong, but those ones are threats for hilighting usefull items and gifting KAG to some people.
    And just saying, this will never gonna happen because noone makes a prototype of it: This is not my job. What I am doing here is suggest you to implement it. I will not script it. You can not just say something like: "If you do not skript it yourself, it will never be implemented, cause we neigher script it!"

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I used those as examples to show that providing prototypes or illustrations to support your suggestion improves the chances of the suggestion making it into the game.

I am not an administrator. In AUS it's not that common for it to be full for long periods of time so I haven't actually experienced the hassle as much as other regions. However, I do understand how annoying it is for the times a server was full for me and I really wanted to play.

You can add a poll to the top of this thread btw.

I thought it would've been self-explanatory from the anecdote I provided.
    - Some people prefer large pub matches over 5v5 (myself included).
    - It'll do the opposite of what you want to achieve by moving players mid-match.
    - What if its a modded server? Generally, there's only one server hosting a specific mod. There's not even a second AUS CTF server! With your idea, players should only be moved to another server with the same game mode...
    - Your solution is overly complex and would be just as good (even a bit worse imho) than other simpler solutions, unless you are willing to get the ball rolling and learn how to program the bulk of it yourself.

I didn't intend to make it seem like you needed to make a prototype ("I'm not saying suggestions are pointless"). I just assumed that people make suggestions because they want it in the game. It's not anyone's job to make mods and things for this game (excluding the devs ::D:), and I did say "these ideas generally quickly made it into the game because of these prototypes". Also:
    [​IMG] ::P:

Magmus likes this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Allowing people to join a full server is a good thing, but not in the way you are saying. Imagine, its a 10v10 game, you are having heaps of fun in the chaos that is kag. Loading screen. You are in a new server, now being a 5v5. 5 people quit, its a 2v3. Eventually everyone just goes back to the other server. Now its only a 6v6 in the main server because people from both left.

Magmus and epsilon like this.
  4. LeButch

LeButch Shark Slayer

You just don't get my point. Noone wants to "seed" a server and it is just totally annoying if there is only one active server with a good ping, that is full.
    I will not longer answer to this threat, cause it is leading nowhere. As Epsilon already said, as long as I don't learn to script, this will never be implemented. So it is just a waste of time to discuss here.

5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

We should instead grow the player base so there are constantly active servers. This is easier said than done and basically entirely up to the devs. All we can do is assist new players so they are more likely to stick with the game.

6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

A better solution would be a queue system, and when the queue reaches 10 players, they will all go to a fresh server. I doubt anything will be added by the developers though.

EhRa likes this.
  7. Leo

Leo Haxor

Guys, there are like 70 active players in KAG. Whatever you are trying to do is in vain when there are simply no players...

8. LeButch

LeButch Shark Slayer

This is a really good idea. Why don't we make queue TDM or minigame servers where people can play on and get moved to the original one when there is a slot for them.

Mods: Rainbows