1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF PooManCHU_WarStalks [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by PooManCHU, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Good map?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs changing

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Name: War Stalks
    Game Mode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Y
    Special features: pool of water behind spawn with gold guarded by a shark there is 3 more blocks on the wall next to the pool if the shark keeps killing you. fighting happens on elevated stalks with void underneath, the stalks are lined with bedrock until half way up to prevent bottom of the map ratting there is still an option of attack from underground through the caves. map is low enough to prevent god tower stalemates, mid is also quite important in this map as it offers a natural elevated position capturing this will further prevent stalemates from occurring, enough gold but not too much 5 gold at spawn and 6 at mid. 1 flag per side EDIT: more bedrock was added to stop deterioration, the mid islands were slightly elongated to make accommodate the new bedrock, the gap between the the islands was reduced. 3 new blocks of gold per side that are more easily attainable and more stone overall. 1 more tree added per side for total of three, should make for a decent quarry setup.

Map: .png PooManCHU_WarStalks_Edit2.png

In game: KAG 2018-07-23 17-48-38-02.png KAG 2018-07-23 17-50-26-65.png

KAG 2018-07-23 17-50-36-86.png

KAG 2018-07-23 17-51-03-79.png
    KAG 2018-07-23 17-51-18-54.png
    Please let me know what you think of this map

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

you have 2 blue spawns and no blue flag.

mcrifel likes this.
  3. PooManCHU

Opps my bad sorry ill fix that right away, I'm red green colour blind have have trouble distinguishing between similar shades but i still should have double checked the pallet
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2018 ---
    fixed

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

when the ledges start deteriorating itll be very difficult to cross the map without large towers or siege. I like the map but i think itll fall apart way too easily. Rejected for now.

5. PooManCHU

Thank you for your input, yeah i was being a bit naive thinking that that wouldn't happen, glad to hear you like the map i will have a think about what i can do to improve it then make some changes.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 14, 2018 ---
    I have added bedrock to hopefully stop the ledges deteriorating, the islands were slightly elongated to make room for said bedrock let me know what you think PooManCHU_WarStalks_Edit2.png

6. FG

FG Fran Donator

I like this map. It's very unique from the others on the map cycle and that's something which is needed, also I think 2 trees at a minimum isn't enough for a 20V20 game but that's just personal preference.

Pineapple likes this.
  7. PooManCHU

thanks for the kind words FG, i just placed two per side in hopes that the skybridge spam wouldn't be too bad because of limited wood supply, but i guess adding a third one wont change that too much, I'm gonna place it at the back tho, you have to cross the shark puddle if you want to get it, i will also upload in-game screenshots of the new edit in the next few days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2018, Original Post Date: May 25, 2018 ---
    i reworked this map a couple of months ago addressing the things people brought up in their critiques, since then the map has not been moved back to maps for the official servers, could one of the mods please move it back thank you, i will update the OP with the edit and new screen shots so it's not just in the replies

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I like it, honestly. Maybe you should edit your original post/image with the new version?

I do think it could use another tree or two on each side though. There isn't a whole lot of stone either, but that could be ok. I it just looks like it's gonna run out pretty quickly at mid.

PooManCHU likes this.
  9. PooManCHU

i have edited the OP, can a mod please move this map back into applications

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.
    If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)