1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF SpringValley [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Potatobird, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Map Name: Potatobird_SpringValley.png
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Just about
    Special Features:
    • Water map with "puddles" so it's boat-friendly and player-friendly (you can still jump around and it doesn't feel like a swamp)
    • A platform-protected cave with a free boat shop that has enough room to set up some boats and charge!
    • A chest so teams can maybe get a longboat out in buildphase
    • Smallish elevated mid island at about height of flags
    • "Anchors" on mid island can be dropped to smush unsuspecting fools
    Map:
    Potatobird_SpringValley.png
    upload_2018-7-18_23-25-6.png
    screen-18-07-18-23-24-22.png
    screen-18-07-18-23-24-01.png

Edit: Added some bedrock on mid islands

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Ferrezinhre, Magmus and Biurza like this.
  2. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

The water is done really well, I'm a bit concerned about the rat heaven below the first two flags.

Potatobird likes this.
  3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Teams should be able to get into the cave there during build time to fortify if they so choose, or even replace the boat shop with a tunnel.

But, you may have a point - I made some edits in order to make that cave thing more easily contolled by the team whose side it's on, and did some other stuff too:
    SpringValleyUpdate.gif

4. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

If I was in charge of picking which maps get in, I'd add this in a heartbeat.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.
    If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)