1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Admins...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IguanaMan, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is typical of the quality of KAG admins, can't even bother or understand how to admin. Log from start of "Poseidon" joining. As you can see, I have no problem with a bit of banter with him, but then it becomes spam and admin;

[15:12:20] <RoJaM JayP> I generally dont see any spam in the chat
    [15:13:23] <RoJaM JayP> Sorry my definition of spamming is different to yours

Just look at the log and you'll see how dumb that is.

https://pastebin.com/raw/aiPD34rS

No offence JayP, nothing against you but you shouldn't be an admin with this attitude.

Not sure whats worse admins like this or complaining about admins in a dead game :kappa:

Ni and bunnie like this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Lol, it was in team chat - was he on the other team?

edit: lava's right, it's actually a direct message

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    bunnie likes this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

JayP is the shittiest admin ever and a huge hypocrite. He once muted me because i called someone a cunt [just a few minutes later he did the same to me]. Wish I still had the logs

4. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'm pretty sure all of that spam was in a direct message, which is only visible to admins if they go into the console. So it doesn't surprise me that he didn't notice him spamming.

Biurza likes this.
  5. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Same as what Lava said, there was just misscommunication. You could've been slightly smarter and tell him that it was happening in team chat OR if it was messaged directly to you, you could just ignore him.

Lava likes this.
  6. A snippet to prove Lava's claim.

[15:12:50] <iguanaman> he spamming in organce, cant you see it?
    [15:12:56] <iguanaman> orange*

Iggyboii, like Lava said, the orange coloured spam messages were in fact direct messages, so JayP couldn't have seen it without going into console. And you being unaware of this is rather understandable since it's a fairly obscure feature (combined with the fact that you haven't played in a long while I assume).

"Chat private messages - ...if you tab-complete someone's username the message will go directly to them and be shown in a different colour (currently orange)" - https://forum.thd.vg/threads/build-2046-calm-before-the-storm.26331/

All in all, this looks to be a rather simple misunderstanding.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Lava and Biurza like this.
  7. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

God damn, well I feel stupid, yeah had no idea that a private message was possible, I thought it was some emote feature because of the **. Sorry JayP I thought you were taking the piss
    I assume to block you just ignore them via the menu as usual. Cheers

epsilon, Biurza, Guitarman and 4 others like this.
  8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Looks like the issue is resolved.

Thread closed.

Vampire and Biurza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.