1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2657 - Fantasy Heads, Bounties Cleared, Crates, Map, Fixes, Spanish, Saw Jump changes, Red Bar

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Favourite Additions?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2018.
  1. New Crates

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Minimap Gold

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Fantasy Heads

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. Clown Car Bug

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Saw Jump Countermeasures

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  6. Bug Fixes

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  7. Spanish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Red Barrier

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  9. You missed my favourite...

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

why not make a deathzone instead of a no cross zone at start. like drowning it cost you hearts.. making for some fun early action with burgers XD

2. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Another DLC is good, if not a bit late.

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Am I to understand that the game was given a hard ceiling, fundamentally changing the movement in this game, just to preserve an obscure exploit involving saws? When I played yesterday, everyone seemed to be in agreement that it's garbage and annoying to get stuck trying to traverse your own ceiling. Bad builders already find enough ways to block you from getting into battle at crucial moments, and they also already love building 1 block thick towers to the sky without doors. There are plenty of maps with high up ground that's near the height limit, where this new "feature" really shines in its stupidity.

EDIT: Just joined a game, and it crashed when the map changed lol

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    4zK likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

inb4 people spam blocks, buy a burger and rush through the barrier to the enemy base during build time

5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

nice minimap changes, it's very minimalist
    20180729170145_1.jpg

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Dark mode when

Anyways, Can't wait till the fantasy heads drop and the crates are a fun addition. Saw jump changes are a step in the right direction but they need tweaking so it doesn't remove the whole 'scale and enemy wall' and encourage stevedogging.
    Rip Coin farming though :(

PooManCHU, Magmus and epsilon like this.
  7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Yes, I guess we all agree on that sky limit should get back to normal.
    But then we're back to not only saw jumping problem but also face a brand new Knight-saw-jumping/Archer + builder-in-a-crate strat, which in my opinion is even worse than normal saw jumping with keg, so we can't just return sky back to normal without additional changes.
    And here's what I think we can do about that:
    -Make archer unable to use grapple while carrying a crate.
    -Make archer unable to carry a crate with player inside at all.
    -Make knight unable to use shield while carrying a crate.
    -Make knight unable to glide while carrying a crate. (Maybe make him much, MUCH heavier or something)
    -Tweak saw so it consumes explosion from bombs.
    -Make saw ignore friendly bombs.
    Or maybe someone has better ideas?

AmestriStephen and epsilon like this.
  8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

so literally completely ruin crates? dude, the idea for crates were to carry them with players inside them to allow for some nice teamwork. the new sky is good

btw, sawjumping isnt a problem (at least now). the new sky was the perfect way to nerf players which use them.

9. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

As you could see, many players, including myself, don't like this kind of gameplay where only option you have is charging enemy base. Basically having 0 chance w/o builder. Some prefer going over it and sometimes even causing serious trouble. So I believe that with the amount of complaints i've seen about new sky, it'll get back to what it was. At least i hope it will.
    Now, since one of the main purposes of this sky update was countering saw jumps we have to do something about that right?
    Yes i agree, crates will perhaps get huge nerf if this happens, but i think that paying 20 coins/150 wood for an opportunity to rat whole base is a bit too op. What can be worse than an enemy builder at your base?

10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

crates wont get a nerf... they were a feature pitch from the community. the feature pitch was literally 'players being able to enter crates and be carried around'. people voted for it, it got added, it wont get nerfed just 1 month after it got added.

11. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I am not against people getting in a crates and being carried around, I am against people in a crates being carried around my defenses with 0 effort and minimum resources.
    And iirc Quarry got its nerf pretty fast, even though community *cough* 7 people *cough* voted for it.

PooManCHU likes this.
  12. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Its pretty hard to get up the tower as a archer with crate.... everyone is going for you because they know the risk
    You can see this as a additional support role of the archer class that is pretty hard to do against decent players.

EhRa and Magmus like this.
  13. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

If a builder is able to ladder up the tower, which is pretty common thing nowadays, i'd say grappling up will be twice as easy.

14. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

it would just be yet another unnecessary workaround for the issue
    like I said before, I agree with the combo being too OP - but like bunny said these suggestions for nerfing crates are kinda ruining the whole purpose of them in the first place

just compare the weight of a keg inside a crate to that of a player, I say make it just as heavy to carry players. I feel that the only possible fix for 4+ bomb (saw) jumping is diminishing (however NOT completely removing) the absurd amount of velocity you gain from them

it's a monotonous tactic that has by far the best risk/reward ratio, ultimately there is no point in doing anything else the whole game (at least as long as public servers are concerned)

the sky limit only stops saw jumps provided that there is a building that reaches the limit, and with the amount of variation between map heights this is nowhere near a good solution for a nerf (let alone a perfect one)

Coroz, Magmus and Biurza like this.
  15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

How difficult would it be to change the skin color of the builder to match the color of the heads from the fantasy pack? The new heads are really cool, but if I main builder, I look ridiculous having a green goblin head and a white skin body... Is this something that can be proposed on Github?

enderzilla747 and ParaLogia like this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Are the devs keeping saw jumping deliberately or are they saying it's too hard to fix? It hardly seems worth the trouble from the mountain of workarounds it allegedly needs to keep the game balanced. The new height limit makes maps like this absolutely awful to play. "The sky is the limit" doesn't mean much when you bump your head on the sky every time you sneeze.
    20180729233858_1.jpg

17. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

"it indeed has the big gay"
    :smug: Read chat

18. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not digging the new red barrier. I feel like builders can't properly build flag rooms or other things on certain maps due to it.:QQ:

enderzilla747 likes this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Am looking at bringing the skin colour change stuff "back" (it was never "properly" added) for this reason partly, and for the added increased visual variety. It's only partly something a contributor could do as the menus etc are interacted with through engine-side code.

See new build thread here; am not touching the sky for this week, we'll see how it goes in the short term, can always be rolled back if needed but honestly slipping past full-height towers just because someone wasn't guarding it for a couple seconds is pretty lame, and the maps with a too-low ceiling can easily be modified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.