1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2661 - Stutter Fix, Crates Fix, Misc Cleanup - Plus DLC Actually Available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks,

First off - the DLC review took longer than expected this weekend, but the heads pack is now out and available here. The pack provides 34 new exclusive heads and you can pick it up for 20% off during release week.

[​IMG]

This build is mostly cleanup of a few issues that slipped through on the last build:
    • Performance "stutter" on next map fixed
    • Stray pixels for one fantasy head fixed
    • Double outline on minimap gold against background fixed.
    • Removed the apparently unpopular red barrier no build buffer
      The barrier will have moved by 3 pixels back to "where it was" and has no extra no build zone added.
      The "un-bouncy" behaviour is preserved.
    • Minimap icons also disappear when minimap disappears on mouse hover
    • Added CBlob::checkInventoryAccessibleCarefully
      Control whether or not isInventoryAccessible hook called for various inventory cmds
      Used only for crates at the moment. Defaults false.
    • Some issues in TTH brought on by inventory handling changes fixed.
    • Fixed "stealing" packed vehicle crates (team converts correctly)

As always keep the feedback coming, and keep an eye on discord for final voting on next month's bounties!

Have Fun!
    Max

2. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Game feels a lot smoother, good work guys :)

makmoud98 and Asu like this.
  3. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

No more freeze at the beginning ! Its really better now, thanks guys

I would have expected more "details" for the fantasy heads (eyes and stuff) but its a nice head pack overall. Whos up for a LOTR KAG movie related ? ::D:

4. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

you can get out of crates without breaking them by changing class at a workshop, I don't think this is intentional

I also hear many sounds louder than usual, could there be a mishap in the code that makes sounds play twice?

I am still an advocate of reverting the sky limit btw

Magmus and epsilon like this.
  5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Official servers crashing more than ever now. Used to only happen in long (~hour) long games, now it crashed after 7 minutes. Any progress identifying those memory leaks? And if that's impossible, could you implement some kind of map restore when a server restarts, maybe even reconnecting players once the server is back up? It seems like asking a lot, but not when you consider that crashes in this game are a fact of life, and each one kills a server full of players.
    I think a combination of very simple factors lead to the dropoff of players when this happens: The default server ranking seems completely random when there are few players, with official servers often near the bottom where few people will bother to scroll, and those players that were kicked from a populated server don't have an immediate obvious choice to get back in. After that inconvenience is great enough, they'll give up and leave.
    Therefore, an even simpler solution I can think of is to have the last server a player was on saved somewhere easily visible in the server browser, or just put at the top. Or when connection is lost to a server, try to reconnect to it by default.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Did anyone else notice the crashes? Can you tell us exactly which servers? Is this a crash or server being restarted due to hogging resources?

7. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Official US servers restarting due to resource hogging, what he's saying is that they seem to be reaching that "threshold" more easily now

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

RAM or CPU?

9. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

Last time it happened while I was playing it was RAM.

10. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Love the new heads!