1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is the new sky blocking change good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daskew87, Aug 11, 2018.

?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2018.
  1. Yes it improves the game

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No it worsens the game

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  3. Does as much help as harm

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

There have been many updates to kag lately and personally I really like most of them. (Weldone guys <3)

But one such change I am very unsure about.

dgfgjghbmscczsacas.png

I can see some good points about it, and to be honest I'm not 100% sure its a bad thing overall. I didn't like it at first when you needed gold to make a tunnel but then I got used to it and agreed.
    gfjvmhgi,bgdfyycdsdxsfd.png
    But my current thoughts on it are it seems to limit gameplay and not add a great deal of advantages.

-all maps now are quasi-cavern maps
    -feels unnatural
    -makes games less aggressive and more stalematey
    -people placing 1 lone door at top, looks weird, perhaps a sign change doesnt work
    -punishes pro-players who can get over the wall
    -just seems like an unnecessary road-block to people fighting and enjoying a game

I would love to hear some of the advantages to it because I have only heard one-perspective about it.

When a single player gets over a high-wall and does a rampage assalting enemies base and fighting sometimes 5+ players. These times can be some of the most interesting and exciting moments and this wall change has dulled this.

sfdxbgdfjvugfkbjbniksdxvd.png

2. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

turn off smooth shader

pretty sure the main reason why it was added was to prevent cross-map sawjumping, easy fix is to revert the sky change and make multiple bombs exploding at once not give an atom bomb effect.

4zK, Blue_Tiger and daskew87 like this.
  3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Yes, obviously it was made to prevent saw-jumping, but i think it's a bit too radical change for something that could've been fixed much more easily.
    I absolutely agree on that getting over enemy's base and causing serious trouble was one of the greatest experiences and my personal favorite thing to do, especially in pubs. But sky update has ruined this one for me.

Furthermore, simply reverting sky level update wouldn't suit me either, since along with saw jumping we get the builder-crate crossing problem.

We've had a little somewhat of a discussion about this in one of the build threads if you're interested

daskew87 likes this.
  4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

It's become such a nuisance. It essentially forces ratting. I've had more than my fair share of games where the point of contention is a giant rat fest because builders have nerd poled to map height

Attached Files:

5. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

It should be put back to the way it was normally in my opinion. I don't dig the new skyblocking change. Makes bomb jumping to the top of enemy bases worthless and would just make archers more campy if they don't have the opportunity to go over enemy lines.

Yagger, Magmus and daskew87 like this.
  6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I'm trying to think what the point of the sky limit was in the first place (the original one added years ago) - to stop knights bomb jumping over or something? Except it never helped with that, did it? It is just an eye saw and is a workaround to fixing the actual problems in KAG anyway. I like the purpose that the recently reduced sky limit, to stop saw jumps, but I just feel like it ruins KAG gameplay in many other aspects, especially for aggressive archers.

Lava, daskew87 and Solaris like this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Tweaking to sky limit would be cool, maybe to only allow archers over; but that removes the possibility for knights to get over. Maybe making it so the sky barrier is kind of sticky, you can't fly into it over a long period of time (saw jumps), but you can move over it, allowing to ladder over sky high buildings/grapple over as archer/bomb jump over.

I really like Lava's idea with
    It would make double+ bomb jumps more viable opposed to just saw jumping.

daskew87 likes this.
  9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Or you could just remove the sky limit entirely - like blue tiger was saying, it never really prevented people from getting over anyway until recently. If you saw jump with no sky limit you're just gonna die to fall damage.

And Geti didn't lower the sky limit just for saw jumps. He said something about how it was "lame" that you couldn't build a tower that was impossible to scale. It seems even weirder to me that you can build a tower that is literally impossible to climb over if there's no map ceiling. Like if you're right there and you can't just jump over the tower it's such a wtf feeling.

I don't want to remove additive bomb velocity though. Trying to throw your bombs at enemy bombs in order to use the chain reaction to rocket into the sky is really fun. But it is a little lame that you can also just put down two of your own bombs in the same instant.

Edit: And if "grief protection" is getting removed, you'd think that would include bomb damage to saws, so it would at least cost one saw per saw jump.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    daskew87, Biurza, EhRa and 4 others like this.
  10. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

i think you make an excellent point here they will fall to their deaths without the sky limit solving the problem heh nice one

Blue_Tiger, Biurza and EhRa like this.