1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 2731 - Maps, Bounties, Democracy, and Accolades - Something for Everyone!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey Folks!

This build has been a couple of months coming due to some finicky engine changes and a few of the bounties running long, but it should be worth it. Lets get stuck into the changes! ːkag_yesː

[​IMG]

Accolades:

There is now an accolades system in-game for recognising player contributions.

This system not only recognises tournament wins, but also community contribution through github, moderation work, map making, or organisation. We're still working on getting these all displayed (only tournament wins are displayed currently), but we look forward to giving a little emblem to show off to everyone who has helped out in some way.

The accolade badges currently appear in the scoreboard - the appearance of each is subject to change.

[​IMG]

The accolades system is also used for assigning the newly introduced tournament-won custom heads. They will still take some integration work, but this system may also be used for assigning other supporter rewards as well, so it's well worth having.

Huge thanks to Rayne and Shy who were instrumental in implementing this system, and Bunnie for spearheading the competitive organisation and performing the data entry for each accolade!

Dev Updates:

This build has two months of bounties in it, as well as a lot of other community development. This includes paid bounties such as the In-Game Report system, Holidays fix, Anti-anti-grief, and item momentum on death. The bounties are pitched, voted for, and developed by the community, but funded by THD. Other community development is on a volunteer basis and very much appreciated.

A lot of these are simple quality of life changes that should improve your experience. The Report system will be getting hooked up to discord at some point in the next month or so as well. There are a lot of minor/miscellaneous changes; check the changelog for the details and credits!

Thanks to all the contributors!

#Democracy:

We've been running intermittent voting through the discord channel. If you would like to vote for bounties, help make decisions about controversial balance or map changes, and take place in other polls, then please jump on the discord and check the #democracy channel for any active votes.

We'll be writing up a primer on the whole system soon, now that it is relatively stable.

Map Changes:

Some TDM Map Changes were voted on in Discord.
    • Vertigo was removed
    • Spelunca and Corruptio were added
    • GamblersDen was kept

New Internal Contributor:

We'd also like to publicly welcome our latest internal contributor, Vik. He will be able to help out with minor engine-side changes after developing a good track record of public contribution through github. Be sure to bother him if you need anything on discord ːkag_winkː

Enjoy!

That's it for this time, Have Fun!

Furai on behealf of Max

Code:
    Full Changelog:

Bounties

[fixed] fixed holiday.as not removing the scripts properly (thanks makmoud98)
    [added] held items now have momentum when dropped as you die (thanks makmoud98)
    [added] in-game moderator report system (thanks Vik)
    - say "!report USERNAME" in chat to report a user
    - you can use tab-completion to save typing
    - todo: translation friendly report notification in chat
    [modified] removed various "grief protection" measures that were annoying players (thanks Shy)
    - explosions can destroy friendly structures
    - fire still lights near friendly structures
    - platform background walls are no longer destroyed by explosions
    - backwalls are no longer destroyed when a door or trap block is on top of them

Maps

[modified] applied tdm map vote results from discord (thanks Ni + map authors + everyone who voted!)
      [removed] ferre_vertigo
      [added] vans_spelunca
      [added] vans_corruptio

Accolades

[added] accolades system for recognising player contributions in-game (thanks Rayne and Shy)
    [modified] refactored + optimised accolades system and integrated custom head information to config (see accolade_data.cfg)
    [added] new accolade data (thanks Bunnie + Mazey)

Misc

[added] totally script-side emote menu (work in progress for emote bounty) (thanks Asu)
    [modified] Autopickup to player before crate if possible (thanks Potatobird)
    [added] list of spectators now shows usernames (thanks Vik)
    [added] random exit velocity to crates + boats + players (thanks Shy)
    [modified] randomexitvelocity uses random object and floats instead of XORRandom and ints (smoother output)

Engine Side

[fixed] Time_DaysSince for negative days (changed datatype to int from u32)
    [modified] map/rules actually remove script filename on script removal
       (prevents new clients getting removed scripts, eg for holidays.as)
    [removed] call logging for script functions, which was basically never used
    [modified] optimized hasTag (thanks Asu)
    [modified] improved water performance when there is no water or when the client is too far from water (thanks Asu)
    [modified] batched map border draw calls for performance (thanks Asu)
    [added] batching for HUD panes (optimisation) (thanks Asu)
    [modified] optimized profiler globally, significantly reduced overhead at idle (thanks Asu)
    [added] profiler probes for console and text rendering (thanks Asu)
    [fixed] items fly out of inventory with a previously set "ghost" velocity (thanks Asu)
    [fixed] missing ping on linux/mac (thanks Asu)
    [fixed] crash issue (thanks Asu)

2. Lol almost every mod broke because of your new emotes change @Asu - which by the way I and many others EXTREMELY dislike :rektlord:

Biurza likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Small hotfix 2731 build fixing crashes on linux/osx on some gamemodes.

Noburu likes this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Modders should revert standardcontrols.as and emotebubble.as to the older versions. Or update those scripts if modified and use the new scripts.

Blubahub likes this.
  5. Can you give a copy of those old files..? You might as well publish it to the forum KAG mod resources, also ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2018 ---
    @Geti or @Asu or @Furai (not sure who to asks) - what exactly happens (in-game and behind the scenes, aka what you deal with) when I do the in-chat reporting..? Also, can I undo the report, and what would happen if I did it to myself? I can see some people accidentally reporting others, especially with the tab function...

EDIT: Found.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That’s what Github is for.... You can browse the code base of any version.
    Either ask Vik who claimed the bounty and implemented it or look at the code.

7. I'm sorry, but I talked to Asu, and like @Mazey said I did grab it. *I thought I edited my post before...*

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Something for everyone, except those who want a working minimap from before you broke it in build 2657

king-george likes this.