1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I cannot add myself as admin. Somehow its broken. Pls help me. :(

Discussion in 'Help' started by Angelacarnes, Nov 9, 2018.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Angelacarnes

Angelacarnes Catapult Fodder

When i put my name in superadmin.cfg in security, like this "users = Angelacarnes;" I restart my server after saving the changes. I'm not admin in my server, i am stuck using rcon to become an admin in my server, just like always.

2. This happens if you don't make ALL the .example seclev files in the KAG/Security folder become .cfgs (or of course you could make a copy of all the .example files, then do the unexampling on those files). If you don't do that, then the only way you can log in and act as an admin is to press the button that reads "home" on your keyboard (above the arrow keys on my keyboard, next to insert and page up), and type in the text /rcon /login YourRCONPasswordHere and hit enter (log out with /rcon /logout).

Biurza likes this.
  3. Angelacarnes

Angelacarnes Catapult Fodder

Hey steed, Not to be rude... buuut.. WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME BEFORE WHEN WE WERE GOING THROUGH ABUNCH OF TROUBLE AND YOU WERE TRYING TO HELP MEEEEEE

I'll try this. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2018 ---
    I
    I wish i could say this worked ^ It did not. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018 ---
    It's me NeonJessica steed :)

Blubahub likes this.
  4. I know. I didn't think about it at the time, anyways I want to post it here so others can see it.

Try putting your name in both the superadmin AND the admin.cfg's.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you're joining a local server, you will have to reload security after joining, or add a script that automatically does this.

Known bug, might be fixed, but it's extremely low priority, as all the "real" servers are hosted remotely (on a dedicated server or VPS).

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey