1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

History of KAG - 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lacaca, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lacaca

lacaca Catapult Fodder

Most of people who currently play kag probably didn't ever play Classic. In this post i'd like to show and tell people how KAG looked in 2011, what was different etc.

2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

ok

Jonttubosse likes this.
  3. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I joined the build that shops were introduced to the game. When I watch that first video I get the tingles, haha. Some interesting notes about the original game.

There were a few bugs in the game that were embraced by the devs and became core mechanics for most players:
    * Bomb Jumping single, double and triple, This became official in the current version.
    * Vaulting - pushing up against 1 block ledge would give you an extra block of jump height - This was also officially added to the current game.
    * Notching was the main mode of transportation (1 block gaps in a wall with doors in them). This was removed/fixed in the current version.

This one not so much
    * The squeeze glitch you could dig out a pattern of blocks or make a structure to push your player through terrain essentially creating a cannon.

Some other quirks
    * Shops were made of individual tiles that took 1 hit to destroy making for perfect collapse traps.
    * You could carry catapults like they were a pillow
    * Archers could dig into dirt

Combat difference:
    * No over charging attacks
    * Knight/Arrow laddering was a lot more prevalent
    * Archers got knocked out of trees

This one is probably the biggest difference that most people wont understand if they didn't play classic.
    * CTF had tickets, which usually lead to an epic last 20 minutes of the survivors picking their battles carefully. Vidar an old member and Guard was notorious for being the last person alive. Buying literal 100's of bombs and chucking them from the tallest tower to pick off the last enemies.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

5. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Closed because above, follow that link to see cool stuff ^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.