1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Application US Darktko

Discussion in 'For Admin on Official KAG Servers' started by Darktko, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darktko

Darktko Shark Slayer Official Server Admin

• Which continent are you from?
    North America (NA)
    • How often do you play?
    I play about 2-3 times a week and in total hours about 5-7 hours a week.
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [in UTC +/- X form])?
    Weekdays: 11 pm - 4 am (UTC) (6 pm - 11 pm EST, UTC-6)
    Weekends: 10 pm - 5 am (UTC) (5 pm - 12 am EST, UTC-6)
    • Do you have any experience with being an admin on KAG servers?
    The closest thing to having experience with being admin on KAG servers would have to be a mod on Char's CTF server. Although it is a modded server, it still comes across with the same problems as any server. At times spammers, griefers, etc. would show up. These are some scenarios that I came across and acted upon:

1. Depending on the situation, when a player starts becoming a problem, a warning is issued.
    a. If it's a spammer and continues to spam, they would be muted for 10 mins for spamming. If they mute is lifted and continues with this, it's a longer mute and so on.
    b. As for griefers, going on spectator to see what the player is doing and checking the blocks broken definitely helps to identify them from the main player base. After the first warning, it would have to be a kick which they cannot ignore. If they continue, even though warnings have been issued is resulted in a tempban for an hour.

• Do you have any recommendations from notable people, such as moderators, server owners or current Official KAG Server Admins?
    Yes, @mehwaffle10

• Why should you become an admin and what makes you a good admin?
    During my 3 years in KAG, toxicity was always an issue. As F2P gets closer and closer, and assuming many new players are joining, I can see toxicity being a hindering factor of a new player's experience. As for KAG's voting system on servers, the system is not the greatest. At times it can even be weaponized for trolls and even used to promote toxic behavior. That being said, thing makes me a good admin would be:
    1. During my 3 years, I became well versed with this game, which also includes many players
    2. When it comes to situations, I know how to respond quickly and effectively
    3. I will uphold all rules and standards that the OSKA team has placed.

• Any other information you think might be relevant?
    The best way to contact me is either through steam or discord. I acknowledge that by being an admin, I am no longer representing myself, but as well as a representative of THD and the rest of the KAG community. Through this I am willing to learn and work as a member of the team through clear communication, responsibility, and professionalism.
    • What is your Discord username and tag?
    Darktko#4450
    Edit 1: Bolding Questions
    Edit 2: rewording some sentences

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. This is a good dude, played the game for a while and has always been friendly and right-minded. Despite him not being known that well regionally, this in my opinion is one of the best US candidates. Might be a little bit inexperienced with commands, but I feel like he can get a grip of the role easily. If he can get his hours up and interact more I can see him being a model OKSA. +1

Koi_, super_gaming_geek and Darktko like this.
  3. Known

Known Base Burner Official Server Admin

Dark is a great candidate. I have been playing KAG with him as long as I can remember. He has a great attitude, enjoys the game, friendly, and has never been toxic. Would love to see him as an OKSA.

Darktko likes this.
  4. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

Dark is a friendly guy, who I've known for a while. He's very active within the community and is always eager to help answer questions that someone may have about the game.
    I believe if given the chance, Dark would make a great addition to the OKSA team.

+1

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Darktko likes this.
  5. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

Darkthot is an epic gamer who is kind and helpful. :thumbs_up:

Darktko likes this.
  6. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

Yeah I like this fellow, he has played the game for quite some time, been good terms with almost everyone, I've known him for a while in CTF. He hasn't broken any of the rules and is one of the best US candidates(in my opinion). I feel he is a fast learner due to my experience with him throughout the years so there will be no problem with him being experienced. +1

Darktko likes this.
  7. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Great dude. He's friendly and would make a great OKSA.

Darktko likes this.
  8. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

+1 Highly experienced player, knows how all the ins and outs work

Darktko likes this.
  9. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

+1 Dark is an old friend of mine I've known and loved for a while now. Very good guy, knows the game well, super friendly and open to help whenever, always keeps his cool, dedicated to the game and community. Prime candidate for oksa

Darktko likes this.
  10. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Darkto is a good bloke he is mature, friendly, calm and would make an excellent admin +1

Darktko likes this.
  11. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Really chill dude. I've known him for years. I'd say that he'd be one of the best US admins in my opinion. I have never seen him be salty or do any bad stuff. +1

Darktko likes this.
  12. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Been around a while, very active, friendly and willing to help, I think he's a solid candidate for oksa

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  13. s1l

s1l Catapult Fodder

played with him for ages. actually plays unlike some people and would make a great admin. he should definitely get admin. would be a great addition. +1

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Darktko likes this.
  14. stephen_the_7th

stephen_the_7th Shark Slayer

If you're looking for admins, I would highly recommend Darktko. :thumbs_up:

For as long as I've known Darktko, he has been a fair and trustworthy admin, and I've never had any conflict with him once. Furthermore, He plays kag regularly, and he is active in the community and in events that are held. With the new players that will be joining, you can guaranty that there with be a lot more grievers especially since they have nothing to lose if it's free. Darktko has strong relationships with the already existing players, and has already played for a long time. So, I assume he will play even longer and continue to keep the peace if he were admin.

Darktko likes this.
  15. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

darkto is so chill, like i have been spamming and being toxic as fuck and the guy just calmly says hi to me and jokes with me. he is probably the most qualified candidate for US admins besides conc, and i am very strict in giving positive replys. I have never seen him get mad, and he was an admin on my servers back in the day and always did a great job.

+50000000000

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Accepted, welcome to the team!

dual_chiecken and Darktko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.