1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Ferrezinhre_Collapse [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Ferrezinhre, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Map name: Ferrezinhre_Collapse
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Y
    Special features: none
    Map: Ferrezinhre_Collapse.png
    mapv2: Ferrezinhre_Collapsev2.png
    edit: small fixes, please use v2.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Blubahub, Biurza and bunnie like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i suggest adding 2 more possibitilies to tunnel through - one above the upper middle 'o' in the bedrock and one below the lower middle 'o'. experimental map, but would love to test it out on official servers

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd like to give some feedback on this one, it's interesting that you came from regular-looking average CTF maps to a more constrained -yet controlled- gameplay offer like this one.

First, and as you migth have guessed, almost nobody will like the small amount of gold and wood it provides. I do like it, as this cave-like map isn't asking for hundreds of blocks that treefarms and quarries will provide, yet it asks quite possibly for either 2 teleporters or a further spawn point in a upgraded or not ballista. Bomb bolts wouldn't hurt in this one I think, but that's not needed at all.

For this idea, perhaps it's worth considering making the mid slightly wider vertically (it's 6 tiles at it's narrower sides, which are both mid entrances) so players could think of creating 2 passages at mid, 1 for offensive push the other 1 for countering. This however will always lead to a bottleneck in mid (that's half frustration half glory depending on the very player). Also, by placing the passage at that height, the bedrock ramp that leads to it from the bottom part is going to be very problematic, frustrating for defenders and very decissive for attackers. You could solve both issues above by adding a possible passage, dirted or not, just right below, as if you place it upper it's going to be even more of an overpowered position. Check the pic.

The base area is going to be fairly awkward to start building. You could kind of make a suggestion to the players on what would be the best base, space and navigation wise, by leveling it a bit and giving a bit more of ground near the tent. The tent is the place you start, it should be cleaner imho.

On the areas I made 2 circles, happens something similar, you have builders happily tunneling on the ceiling, but those 2 bedrock areas are blockign it for them, and also for defenders it'd be too harsh to counter the builders coming from there. Perhaps that's intended so as to protect the upper flag somehow, but I think you could get rid of that bedrock and leave it as dirt. Forget the circle in the mid area, it just looks unnecessary to have stone in that pixel, as it's not worth the digging.

Lastly, the squares within the bedrock, that give some light, add visual noise when ingame. I believe you could leave it plain bedrock in those areas.

Hope I helped
    fb.png

4. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

"almost nobody will like the small amount of gold" - I can add 1 more gold block close to tent area
    -there will be two passages up and down, mid stay as it is.
    "The base area is going to be fairly awkward to start building." - that's the point, why everything must be easy?
    "Forget the circle in the mid area, it just looks unnecessary to have stone in that pixel, as it's not worth the digging." It is not a stone.
    " the squares within the bedrock, that give some light, add visual noise when ingame." these squares have one simple task, distract eyes.

bunnie likes this.
  5. Would be good for TDM, but not enough mats for CTF. Deepen the dirt maybe, then add/hide your stone and gold blocks in there? Also, where are the trees? ::(:

6. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.

If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)