1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other Gun rework (for all gamemodes) v1.0

Gun

1. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Vamist submitted a new resource:

Gun rework (for all gamemodes) - Gun

Read more about this resource...

Verrazano likes this.
  2. CAALBEL

CAALBEL Shipwright

Srry, im new in this game. How to install this mod?

Blubahub likes this.
  3. @CAALBEL Find the folder called "King Arthur's Gold" (if your using Steam, it'll be under steam's filepath\steamapps\common). This contains all of KAG's files and code.

Now, find the folder called "Mods." Put the mod in it (make sure it is unzipped). The mod needs to be in a folder - this is how mods are separated out by KAG.

Go back to the KAG folder, and open up mods.cfg in a word-editor like NotePad (.cfg stands for config). At the bottom of the file, add a new line, and add the mod's folder name to it to enable the mod (case-sensitive). To disable the mod, put a '#' right before the mod. '#' are used for comments in the .cfg files, where anything on the same line to the right of it is not read by the computer (human-only).

Note that connecting to servers, even vanilla ones, will override the mods you have enabled (and also possibly the normal singleplayer modes - I'm not sure). So, the only way to do it would be to either run it in a special solo mode by running or executing runlocalhost.bat (KAG folder - set the game mode to whatever you want it to be in autoconfig.cfg - look for 'sv_gamemode'), or by hosting a server (dedicatedserver.bat).

4. CAALBEL

CAALBEL Shipwright

Thanks my dude, but there is sth missing then. I have some mods already installed and working. My problem is that this mod wont work even if it is the only one in the mods.cfg. Dunno if it has a specific game mode to work (tho this mod "works in all modes")

Blubahub likes this.
  5. Just to make sure you fully understand, let's say I have a mod [folder] named "Destiny1and2OG," located in the KAG folder\Mods folder. At this point, the mod is technically installed, but it isn't enabled. I then go to the KAG folder and find the mods.cfg file, which, in my case, I open up in NotePad++. Since this is my first mod I'm installing, my mods.cfg's text looks like this:

Code:
    # Check out the HowToMods.txt file in the mods folder
    # for how to get started using or making mods for KAG!

Now, I'll add "Destiny1and2OG" on a new line, since that is the name of the folder that contains the mod I want to enable. Now, my file looks like this:

Code:
    # Check out the HowToMods.txt file in the mods folder
    # for how to get started using or making mods for KAG!
    Destiny1and2OG
    Enabled! Do note that you'll have to restart your instance of KAG (e.g. the running window of runlocalhost.bat, dedicatedserver.bat) or close then reopen it since the "server" (single or multiplayer) will only update after restarting or shutting off and on. Basically, you'll have to hard reset KAG in order for it to update.

6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

The mod needs to be CTF unless you manually edit Gamemode.cfg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2019 ---
    Mod is no longer being actively developed. Comment here or on the github if theres any issue with it

Also added a list of mods that have been using

Code:
      -  WW2 rework is using it
      -  Rob's warzone is using it
      -  TC gun rework used it as a template
      -  Epsilon 3D mod used this as a template (+ sprites)

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2019 ---
    Mod is now being worked on again, first new fix is replacing ``removeAt`` with ``erase`` as this had issues on a linux host, with it not being removed, but worked fine for clients.

Blubahub likes this.