1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Game is too slow - Failed playing stream

Discussion in 'Help' started by Shamash, May 31, 2019.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Shamash

Shamash Catapult Fodder

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to play this game since a few days already. I tried every possible options, and every advice people are giving on this forum or on steam. Nothing works.

My computer is able to run any recent game in ultra settings - it's not a performance issue.

I've also trying to update drivers, compatibility mode, disabling every graphics boosting software, running on integrated graphics instead of my nvidia gtx 1060. No success.

Here is what I get from the game, either in solo sandbox, or in any multiplayer server (modded or not) that I would join :

upload_2019-5-31_16-30-16.png

The game is totally unplayable, stuck at like 2FPS and completely unresponsive.

I would gladly provide further information required to be helped on that problem.

Does anyone have any clues ? I'd be happy to try the game.

Best regards,

Attached Files:

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Seems like an audio issue? Is your audio setup weird in some way?

3. Shamash

Shamash Catapult Fodder

Hello Asu,
    Thanks for your answer, it helped a bit, but still unplayable.

My audio setup has a software that modifies sound. After disabling this software, no change (weird).
    Then, I disabled in game sound, and something improved. It's much closer to a real game, but still unplayable and stuck at very low FPS.

I tried again any possible combinations of options and compability to maybe find a good one, but no luck.

Now I have the message "LAG 5" constantly.
    Here is a screen :
    upload_2019-6-1_20-44-57.png

4. Asu

Could you check in your console logs the OpenGL driver info (in particular check if it's not using software rendering for whatever reason)? What hardware do you have?

5. Shamash

Shamash Catapult Fodder

System is Windows 10
    As a side note, when the sandbox or any other world has loaded, the animations run smoothly.
    I get the LAG5 and 5FPS only when I start doing something, like walking or mining something.
    When jumping with the slightest jump possible, it's not lagging
    When jumping mid height or walking, it starts lagging
    When clicking in the air, animation plays with no lag and normal fps
    So it seems lags start on input, or on any actual action in the game, not in the main render loop

For the console output, here is what I have :
    upload_2019-6-5_19-41-24.png

Thanks,

6. Asu

The sound issue definitively sounds suspicious, it might still be causing the problem even if you disabled ingame audio.
    Try modifying the autoconfig.cfg file in the KAG directory and set s_soundon = 0 instead of s_soundon = 1.
    If this doesn't help, and if you are familiar as to how to do it, try disabling your audio device (not uninstalling the driver) in the device manager.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey