1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] material strength

Discussion in 'Builder' started by emasame, Jul 27, 2014.

1. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

so i thought it may be of benefit to some to have a list of the number of hits from a builder to destroy different materials.

stone backwall: 5 [2s]
    wood backwall: 2 [2w]
    trap block: 10 [25s]
    platform: 9 [20ws]
    stone block: 7 [10s]
    wood block: 5 [10w]
    wood door: 4 [30w]
    stone door: 5 [50s]
    wood log: 6
    trees (generally): 5-11

I wanted to look at this because i was wondering what option was most efficient to slow down enemy attackers in game. I thought that platforms were the ideal choice but after collecting this data you can see that wood blocks are the ideal choice. for every two wood blocks you get 1 platform with the same amount of material and every two wood blocks gives you 10 hits vs. the platform's 9 hits. issues with this are situational such as stacking and having a height high enough to not allow attackers to climb.

another thing to consider. you only receive 1 coin from placing a wood block but you receive 4 coins for one platform. in the long run, generating more coinage might be more important.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Interesting list. I also would have thought that platforms would be optimal fordelaying builders; although from a more general perspective there are a few other factors that you're overlooking. Fire arrows are incredibly common when wooden blocks get involved, and when you have a tree farm wood costs are negligible. When you line platforms with stone backwall fire arrows switch from demanding a rebuild to demanding maintenance and unless someone stole the saw to make *another* saw trap (why!?) I don't ever notice how much wood I have. Space and mobility are also concerns. In small forward walls platforms are much more convenient for ally knights than wood blocks are and they make it impossible for enemies to convert the structure. Additionally their strength density makes them faster to place (in terms of damage absorption per time) than wood blocks (which would have to have a second layer placed). When I first read this I thought it might be useful if I ever needed to entomb against an enemy builder (to stall for time, et cetera) but when entombing you often don't have much space so platforms let you create a stronger defense overall. Beyond that entombing with platforms allows you to leave atba moments notice and if you only place new platforms as old ones fall you can try to attack the enemy builder while all they can hit is your wall.

tl;dr Interesting, but I'll stick to platforms.

emasame likes this.
  3. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

i guess what i really had in mind was countering enemy tunnelers and now that i think about it you really are only going to work with platforms or doors. I always see tunneling builders spam doors to let teams enter and exit which makes sense but i see defenders do the same. its probably best to spam a one way platform into the tunnel

your points are all pretty spot on. i hadnt thought of the conversion element and thats very true.

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Thanks for this

*Quote favoriting

emasame likes this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

wood doors take 4 hits and stone doors i believe 5

the door section is outdated info j-man fyi

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

@PUNK123 I can update the post if you want to supply up to date information (something you're sure about). I haven't played for about a year and I am completely unfamiliar with how all the new builds have effected the game

7. PUNK123

wood doors take 4 hits and stone doors take 5(i am sure about this)

emasame likes this.
  8. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

thanks dude. thats a pretty crazy change the more I think about it.

PUNK123 likes this.
  9. TryingKAG

TryingKAG Builder Stabber

I'm so new that platform only gives 1 coin instead of 4

10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That was, in fact, a bug since the beginning of times but nobody realised it was a bug, it's been fixed.

11. PUNK123

It was a 5-6 year old bug?