1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Open "FireBow" by Croco-Dile

Discussion in 'TDM' started by Ni, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Add this map to the official mapcycle?

1. yes

2. yes minor changes

3. yes major changes

4. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

2. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I really like the look of this one. not sure how it would play out, but would defos be interesting.
    -Lots of different areas to go through to get to the centre
    -There is a top, mid, bottom thing going on, and it's done pretty well.

Looks pretty good, I would say this would be fine in the game in the state it is now, if not that, I think with minor changes.

3. Yeti5000

Yeti5000 Drill Rusher Mapping Moderator

Looking good. I agree with Pine but it might need some sort of access to the top when in mid.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 23, 2019 ---
    However, I'm noticing it's very archer biased. MANY places to hang at the bottom of the map as archers (which I know is inherent with sky maps)
    Another notable thing is that archers have the big advantage of being able to move up through mid, unlike knights.
    [​IMG]
    Blue sections (^^^) are areas where knights can't move up without using an alternate route (like a waterfall which is slow). This is furthered by the fact that there are no chests or traders for bombs to help this.

For knights this is what the initial paths would look like:
    [​IMG]
    When you go into mid, your movement is severely hindered as a knight. And you can see there are two main exit points (blue): top and bottom. But the top one seems to be the only real viable one.
    ------------------------------------
    I would like to commend the map for being creative. Because it utilizes fireplaces and fuses of wood to make a constantly changing map- in case you haven't noticed, you can shoot an arrow through the fireplaces at the top to burn the enemy's side. As well as a few other things.
    I think this is a great map for teaching, it's very possible for an archer to accidentally use the fireplaces and learn that you can light arrows with them. Possibly giving them an advantage in the future. ::)::thumbs_up:

This is my version of the map, very slight alterations.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Pineapple likes this.
  4. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

seems good to me.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

It's a little small and got a few tight spots I don't reckon would be fun to move around on.