1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "SoakingUpTheThirstOfTheLand" by Bunnie

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Nov 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Map name: SoakingUpTheThirstOfTheLand
    Aharietiam.png
    Thread: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/bunnie_soakingupthethirstoftheland.28344/
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 7, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 5, 2019 ---
    Gold and resource placement chaotic but is fine, upper mid is good and flooding lower mid can be annoying but isn't changing map in any way (nor positive or negative). I not fan of these dirt thingies that make fine backwall for towers, and not counting this place for tunnel. Maybe but closer to no.
    Aharietiam (1).png

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Resource placement is ok, mid is ok, I agree that flooding is not a big deal and is pretty hard to do. I dont like these dirt backwalls, provides too much support for some towers. Swapping for stone or wood or just removing them would be a good fix imo. The tunnel spot is really strong, can be fixed easy also. No without tweaks.

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Formerly known as Aharietiam
    • I really want to like this one, I like the idea with the two layers and the stone thing, and the backwall pillars too
    • The dirtwall pillars are in pretty decent places, and they're not too tall, so I don't really see them supporting towers as a bad thing necessarily. I think they help give the map identity.
    • But in practice I think that it can be really annoying trying to collapse things when you don't know where the dirt backwall ends, so I'm also uncertain about them.
    • Agree that the water is not a problem
    • As for the tunnel spot, that's really far from mid and behind some seriously shallow dirt, so good luck getting there for the enemy team. I think it's fine or even good.
    • I think the big problem is that it's just so long that the gold is a little too sparse. I think long maps need more readily available siege and tunnels.
    • Pretty tall
    :no: but close to :yes:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2019 ---
    cheeky double post to bump for proper lyric order

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Agreed, close but no. I think the flags are a bit boring and a bit too strong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.