1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "BrawlPit" by GoldyXEN

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Ferrezinhre

Terrible resource spread, there is too much stone everywhere, we have easy access to two chests, lucky team can start game with catapult and keg, there is 11 gold blocks during building phase and that is 220 gold, + mid have 20 blocks. Capturing enemy flag will be a herculean task, and end on siege/sawjump imo. Flooding in this map is stupidly bad, and now last thing visible signatures aren't allowed on official maps, remove heart. NO

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Not fan of the resource aswell, too much gold and stone. The flags are too high, the match will surely turn into siege spam to win, flood could make the map more interesting to play on if it was a lake on the start, being able to flood it in the mid of the match sounds cancerous imo. And ratting will be really hard to do without messing the mid up. On the other hand I liked the mid structures and the spikes, not fan of the neutral trapblocks/doors tho. No reason to have neutral trapblocs. The free water arrows/water bombs on mid are also super toxic.

Overall I like the design of the mid part, but I think it would work better being more plane level for that kind of structures; resource spread is not the best, too much stone and gold; the chests are too low risk high reward potential; the free water everywhere is pretty toxic, people hate when you buy them, giving free is worse; the flooding is also pretty boring, the same map structure (a giant bowl) being already a lake with a mid island would work better than letting people flood at hand. And there is the signature problem, so its a no for me.

4. Ferrezinhre

Alright, rejected.

5. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like the idea of the map, but there are too many glaring issues pointed out above. The map deteriorates into a pit map, the flags need to not be on the cliffs. No from me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.