1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "SentinelsOfRokuhage" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Ferrezinhre

Gold spread and trees position can seems singularly cruel but I have reasoning behind that, I think that rats shouldn't be huge problem.

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Its pretty open below mid part, I like that tbh. Could be fun to play and fight on. Entire map seems a bit dry on resources so I think stalemates with huge fat towers should not be a problem. Im up for that one.

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think the flags are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too strong. That gap is obscenely large. It's going to turn into matches like in DWI ctf or other massive garbage maps where the flag is so unretrievable that even when you've stomped their base into dust multiple times using siege you still can't get the flag. The mid is interesting, but I think a. we already have enough sky maps (which I'm never a fan of in the first place for obvious reasons) and b. this one is way to stalematey. Could potentially be made better with a small floating island of bedrock between the base and mid (although why not just connect them every single sky map already has a gap between flag and mid which is probably the worst thing about them). No from me

5. Ferrezinhre

gap is 25 blocks wide, you can stomp bases into dust multiple times using siege on flat maps and still don't get flag, flag is like 55 blocks away from tent, normal maps have 30 or less. here gap is 20

SentinelsOfRokuhage 2.0.png

6. mehwaffle10

I'm still a no with that gap. I don't think it belongs on official servers. Pointing out that other maps are stalematey doesn't mean that your map isn't or that it's excusable, it just means the other maps are flawed too and should be fixed. Most of the time it's cause flag is too close to tent or the flag is in a easily covered position, but a giant pit is definitely worse than those.

7. Ferrezinhre

You misunderstood what I was saying, and it's not excuse just all maps can be stalematey, and most of time it's because maps are overrich with resources.
    SentinelsOfRokuhage 3.0.png
    smaller gap, moved tree from tent island to mid.

8. mehwaffle10

I do like the map, and I think it's passable in this state. An idea to keep it a bit different from every sky island map would be to have more floating islands under flag and spawn to keep the angles of attack greater than one, although there's also the argument that this can encourage ratting. Yes from me though.

9. Ferrezinhre

SentinelsOfRokuhage 4.0.png
    slight altered gold and fixed few asymmetrical things

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Magmus likes this.
  10. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Im fine with all the changes, still yes.

11. Ferrezinhre

Accepted, I hope I will not regret it.

12. mehwaffle10

I'm sure it will be a top vote at least, pubs love their sky maps :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.