1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "SuppressedTimeline" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like the design on that one a lot, resource spread seems ok, and ratting should not be a big deal outside mid part, yes for me.
    Also liked the waterfalls that you can break and make a giant lake, may lag a bit in game? Not sure

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Yeah I think the most glaring issues are the potential flooding of the map and that there is no bedrock in the islands between flag and mid. Pub builders almost always dig out the dirt anyways, you can't make it builder exclusive to cross

4. Ferrezinhre

Water spread only if there is ground under or near it, if it's void it's stops, Bedrock stuff is just nitpicking same pub builders will replace dirt with wood or stone bridges, towers etc like in every pub game.

5. mehwaffle10

I disagree, a lot of the time pubs will just dig pits and worse spam trap blocks on top, and lack of bedrock encourages that. And all it takes is one idiot trying to flood the map and place a couple blocks so the water spreads.

6. Magmus

I dont see the flooding of the below part as a bad thing tbh, it will surely be annoying and maybe cause lots of lag, but it will help both teams to walk on void so its probably to have. A team can just rush with a single sponge and break that strat on its side of the map too, so its fine on my eyes.

7. mehwaffle10

I still think more bedrock is necessary. A void/water pit map sounds like a garbage hole with the label "mechanics" thrown in there somewhere.

8. Ferrezinhre

SuppressedTimeline.png

Magmus likes this.
  9. Magmus

Im fine with the bedrock isle, maybe it will still be a bit troublesome to traverse but still better nonetheless.

10. Ferrezinhre

Don't know what do with this one, on hold for now. Probably will be rejected.

Magmus likes this.
  11. mehwaffle10

what if it had a lake underneath rather than potential for flooding/void? i think that might work a lot better and gets rid of the uncertainty/gimmicky part of it and removes the issue of potentially frame killing the server
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2020, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2020 ---
    or even just big bedrock bowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.