1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "AlexisLeskinen" by bunnie

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Apr 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Map name: bunnie_AlexisLeskinen
    bunnie_AlexisLeskinen.png
    thread: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/bunnie_alexisleskinen.28457/
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2020, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2020 ---
    Fine gold and stone spread, although I would prefer less than half of second, I like these small islands should make gameplay more exiciting than flat maps. As to position and distance from tent to flags I have no objections, I do worry about that dirt background at mid(bubblegum pink). About flooding and water, we really enjoy it but this maps is still floodable, much effort is needed but still it is(orange). About trees or lack of them, I understand that it was deliberate action to cripple usage of quarries which is a dickish move, anyway maps seems good need few changes and hopefuly we could see it ingame.
    bunnie_AlexisLeskinen (1).png

2. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I disagree, I think the back flag is too close to tent. The islands are a bit flimsy and could easily deteriorate into a pit map with only a block or two to travel across without a builder. Without a lot of wood, pushing is going to be very hard, as the map will quickly become untraversable. The sky fortress potential at mid is also concerning. I would probably say no

3. Ferrezinhre

@Magmus don't forget about this one, next time

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Sorry! I like the small islands, but they are too few, and if they really deteriorate, pushing will be a hard pain, as there is not much resources to work with. Flooding would turn the map into a giant lake map, and I think not many people would like that. The backwall above is a free tunnel spot super hard to take out. Its a no for me.

5. Ferrezinhre

version no. 2
    Reopening.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2020 ---
    map is larger by 20 blocks per side to have place for trees, not really needed but whatever, + for moving down this dirtbackwall.
    flooding is still possible.*

6. mehwaffle10

The flooding potential and frailty of the islands is still concerning. It wouldn't take much effort to make this a lake map with two flags pretty close to tent with a lonnnnnng way between towers. The backwall at mid being lower is definitely better, but I don't think it's enough to save it

7. Magmus

Yeah, im still not sure about that map. I cant put a finger on why, but It looks a bit flawed to play on imo.

8. Ferrezinhre

Rejected then.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2020, Original Post Date: Aug 8, 2020 ---
    Reopened: AlexisLeskinen.png

9. Magmus

Looks much more playable now. I liked the new flag spots near the void. Flooding is still a problem, but at least you would need to flood your own flag room to make it, so I guess thats a extra step? If everyones wants to give it a chance im okay with it.

10. mehwaffle10

I agree, this version is much more playable (although honestly it's so different except in general concept that maybe it should have been a new map, but that's not really important). I'm always a fan of rather exposed flags, and the mid is interesting and has plenty of movement while still being buildable. I'm also a fan of how much harder it is to actually fall in the void. Yes from me

11. Ferrezinhre

Nyeh accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.