1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "MapSpeedrun1" by bunie

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Ferrezinhre

Could use less resources, barren maps are best but it's just me, flags are fine. So I have problem with tower that will be connected (probably) to islands which can lead to stalemates.

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree that maybe its too much stone. To be honest I dont think that towers on mid would be a huge stalemate on this map, due to all the layers (3 layers on mid, rat tunnel). It looks kinda fun. I would say yes.

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree with Ferre, wall creep would be very strong here. Archers and knights will be locked out of pretty much everywhere as soon as the rush is done. The mid is comparable to rorschach in strength, three layers, but tight chokes and plenty of dirt backwall. I think this would play out the same as rorschach would too, without the sky ratting unless you lose mid and can ladder up. The spawn is a bit bland and the flags are a bit close to tent. I hate rorschach but would be willing to give this a try, although I know that's probably a mistake given the similarities

5. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I think the map would turn into a ratfest and door-heavy combat real quick and often. Three layers is nice, but if all of those layers are bound to be filled with solid, uncollapsible walls, it doesn't feel diverse. I'd say no.

6. mehwaffle10

I think this should be a no, considering if people "play properly" then each layer would be locked down by "solid, uncollapsible walls" and would quickly lead to a stalemate

7. Ferrezinhre

upload_2020-10-19_21-20-20.png
    edited by bunnie.

8. mehwaffle10

I like this version a lot more. It's not totally unique, but I think it'd play much better than the original would. The underneath is wide enough that tower creep is viable but slow, and the top of mid is quite nice imo. I'm for trying this one
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 19, 2020 ---
    Side note, I appreciate bunnie's ability to make substantial changes to maps rather than abandoning the original idea entirely, same for cold_rain/pillars_of_homek (i think thats what the original name for that map was)

9. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Seconded.
    I think it's pretty good change and two layer combat always feels better imo, as you can choose your battles. I also think that small middle Island actually contributes a lot and might make the map very interesting to play on, even though I usually do not like small islands. It is a yes from me now.

10. Ferrezinhre

Alright accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.