1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Law_of_Eori" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Cool map, mid is interesting, the lower layer looks fun to play with the two lakes. Should be floodable a nice bit on it but I dont think its a big deal. Resource spread is nice. Yes from me.

3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I'm not sure whether or not the middle underground waterfall is a good idea, as it might turn into a dangerous drill + water combo through the whole map, as well flooding the bottom layer (which would happen pretty much every game, given how simple it is to do). With that in mind, bottom layer would pretty much just serve as a beautiful underwater gimmick and considering that the top layer of the map is rather basic - flat-ish with a structure in the middle, I would say it shouldn't be in cycle.

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think it is a rather interesting map while simultaneously being bland. I agree with biu that the surface is significantly lacking in features and that the water underground is probably going to flood early and often. Premade tunnels generally haven't gone over too well in the past, so I err on the side of caution here. I think the best fix would be to push the flags forward another 20 blocks or so, but that would make it just be a longer flat map with a pyramid in the middle. I lean towards no here but am open to input

5. Ferrezinhre

Law_of_Eori (2).png
    yellow line is what part of map will be flooded by waterfall, it would have little of impact on gameplay but I don't mind removing it, what else map is flat because meow wanted flat map, flags are 60 blcoks away from flag but if you really want I can move them a bit between this tunnel (red)

6. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

The thought was just to make them a bit weaker from attacks from mid, if they're too far then you're essentially assaulting a tower on a flat map from the surface. I'm aware the flooding isn't too extreme, I'm just generally not a fan of floodable maps. I'm trying to think of ideas that would make it easier and more interesting to attack the flags while not making defense any stronger

7. Ferrezinhre

waffle flags are 60 blocks away from flags, there is visible underground tunnel and small tunnels all around, it's already hard to defend flags, and it's gives
    plenty ways to snatch them, unless you want more ways to rat around waffle? ok no waterfall.
    Law_of_Eori (1).png
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2021, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2020 ---
    Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.