1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Halgahaar" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Im not sure with this one. It looks cool, but I think it would be a struggle to climb to the flags with the islands. Could be a bit stalematey due to it. Not 100% sure about that. Its a maybe for me, if everyone else wants to try it out I am up for it.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think the dimensions are too big. The pits are rather large and getting up to pressure the flag with a tower connected to the ceiling is not going to be easy in the slightest. Factor in my disdain for cave maps and the tight choke of mid and you've got a no from me

4. Ferrezinhre

5. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

That solves the ceiling tower I guess. The little islands seems a nice touch to help climb up, and the more "pointy"? mid is a nice touch too. Im sad that the aesthetics had to go. Im still up for giving this a chance, more now than before.

6. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I'm never a fan of claustrophobic tug-of-war cave maps, you can lock down your entire half of the map from mid which is a bit strong if you ask me. That said, I think this is about as weak as it could possibly be while still funneling as everyone through one area. RIP butterfly but I think its in a much more playable state now. I'm not sure I agree with the choice of the pits, it makes it so pretty much only archers can go around to harass assuming builders don't lock the area down (to be fair same with the old design but at least knights and builders could push under and around). I'm not sure how much that actually matters though, the flags are pretty far forward so going the long way around is probably not even worth it. I'm down to try it now

7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I like the newer version quite a bunch, though I still am rather concerned about the middle ceiling part. It seems that it would be extremely hard to kick the first team that got there, could end up being extremely fun new gameplay, but it's a bit risky. maybe?

8. Ferrezinhre

On hold but probably rejected.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2021, Original Post Date: Jan 10, 2021 ---
    Rejected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.