1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Cold-Rain" by bunnie

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

map name: bunnie_Cold-Rain
    upload_2020-10-1_7-11-23.png
    screen-20-10-01-07-08-40.png
    thread: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/bunnie_cold-rain.28746/
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 1, 2020 ---
    So this is just pillars of homek teared down and altered into this, map is smaller have 3 flags and some gaps. Resource spread is fine, mid is somehow intresting.

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

It seems a bit too much for public imo. I think the average player will struggle towering to defend all three flags. Mid is interesting but im not sure if it pays the other stuff. Having the pits on tent/mid is also kinda strange imo. Not so sure on this one but its more a No than a Yes (if that sentence makes sense on english)

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

The flags are going to be ridiculously hard to capture. The floating islands make for an untoppleable tower that covers all three flags with a giant void pit in front. This will likely end up in stalematey tower wars. No from me

4. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

upload_2020-10-19_21-21-40.png
    edited by bun.

5. mehwaffle10

It's definitely less problematic than the original, although it still makes me concerned. I think this would be playable, it reminds me of a stretched up version of corouz with pits instead of water the back flag has me concerned, but mid is very strong for what it's worth, although defensive siege spam from the cliffs is possible to make mid a no-man's land

6. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Its better from the last one for sure. I dont worry much about the siege spam on the cliffs to be honest, It could surely destroy mid that is the case on many maps I guess.

7. mehwaffle10

I think we have enough pit maps in the map cycle already, and this one is a pretty extreme version of them. The pits are quite large and top mid is really far up. Like I said it's more playable now but I don't think it adds enough to be worth pushing forward