1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Eoricanix" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Nice vertical map, resource spread is good. Super hard to rat, the flags being below the mountain and in the lake make it harder to run away with the flag. Im super up for giving this one a chance, not sure how it would play out, probably kinda stalemate-y but I could be wrong.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

The only really viable option for pushing the flag when it's that high above the water is to siege jump over or get lucky with underwater ratting. I don't see the need to make yet another water map especially with such a deep lake with no supports. Pubs would probably like it but that's not really indicative of a good map for the pool. I agree that it's not as stalematey as it could be because there's only the bottom flag, but the attack paths seem very limited and builder centric

4. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

The idea itself seems super fun to me, would even suggest adding neutral catapults from the very start that each team has to capture for immediate initiation. But unfortunately I see this map generally having two scenarios:
    - Map would end super quickly, when the defenses are not up yet, since you have to cover a really large area, so a successful catarat/boat push finishes it off quickly.
    - And the second scenario which is way more likely to happen imo, stalemate. Such a stalemate that KAG potentially hasn't seen yet lol. Only viable strategy, as waffle said, would be to catapult as a knight, with builder in crates, but countering that would be incredibly easy, given the height advantage. eventually, a builder would get lucky to drill into the flag and somehow steal it as well, but then you have this issue of returning to the base haha. The map has quite some gold for a builder to build a tunnel after getting the flag, that'd be an ideal scenario, but gold takes inventory space, is risky and will eventually end (usually one team that is more defensive would just make 69 tunnels in their base so they've no risk of being locked out at any point), so one would probably have to catajump without gold and no future tunnel in mind. That leaves the only way out down the huge lake. Worse comes to worst, enemy will just suicide jump on top of the flag carrier, so either one team has both advantage in the sky and water (Has underwater tunnel, or a boat ready to set sail the moment they get the flag) or it won't ever end.

It is a no from me.

5. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Yes this map is unfit for official mapcycle, rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.