1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "GrassLands" by GuyDeLu

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

map name: GuyDeLu_Grasslands
    GuyDeLu_Grasslands.png
    thread: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/guydelu_grasslands.28777/#post-412831
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2021, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2021 ---
    Larger map with good resource spread gold position is nice, back flag could be slight further, 4 trees + 2 in redzone per team (quarry meta will be blooming on this map). 240 gold during build time, bit too much imo, + for bison on mid.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2021 ---
    GuyDeLu_Grasslands (3).png
    okay trees fixed, gold tweaked, could use few(2-3) ores more in side mid.

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Nice resource spread, theres almost no bedrock underground, not a fan of that. The chests are a nice touch imo, and the bison could be a spicy touch. Overall its simple but good map, I just want more bedrock underground to deal with the possible ratting.

3. Ferrezinhre

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

There's a so much space to dig with little to no bedrock. You could really bunker down if you wanted to, which is not ideal. The skybox may be a bit tall. The map doesn't really have any interesting features, which on the other hand I guess means it can't really be that offensive to anyone. I'm never a fan of chests on a map, having RNG decide which team gets a full inventory of stone and gold which is nonrenewable is out of place in my eyes, especially in CTF. There's no indications of the resources underground aside from randomly digging through 10-20 layers of dirt. Overall just seems pretty bland to me. I'm rather indifferent but am leaning more towards no

5. Ferrezinhre

6. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

The added bedrock still doesn't limit the bunker potential much, there's also an extraneous amount of bedrock at the bottom of the map. There also doesn't seem to be a designated barrier location (I think they're all chickens). Most of my previous comments still stand, especially about how bland the map is, being a flat map with a small mid and a lot of ratting potential. Still leaning towards no, as I don't think it'd add much to the map pool

7. Ferrezinhre

abandoned, rejected.