1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "Corroding_Plains"

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think this is a really solid map. Mid might be a bit strong and could probably do with less backwall, but there's a ton of real estate that needs to be taken. +1 for one flag maps :D Who is this by? (p.s. red's flag is blue)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2021 ---
    also the bedrock under mid should probably be raised to prevent super strong tunnels/random void for loss of gold

3. Ferrezinhre

Corroding_plains.png
    they fixed flag.

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like this map, resource spread is cool, theres maybe too much dirt backwall on mid that could lead to super strong tunnels and rat holes. Maybe more bedrock as waffle suggested but I dont think its a big deal overall. +1 for me!

5. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I think it's a solid map, however I believe it has quite a few issues:
    -First issue is that this map, if accepted, will be the widest map in the mapcycle (I believe it would be wider than current widest map by about 100 blocks!!!) which means that the attention would be spread across the map. It is the same issue that four_rivers has suffered from, when the map is just so big you can't even notice someone getting to your flag, because you're fighting somewhere 2 screens away. Now, one might say that since the map is not that tall, slipping by would be hard, but that actually bring us to-
    -Second issue: the map has low ceiling. Ceiling is hanging so low, that potentially after every successful push, builders can set a tower touching the ceiling, because the time it would take for enemy to respawn and get back to the fighting area (which is a lot of time, since the map is so wide) is more than enough to reach ceiling with a few blocks wide wall.

In conclusion, I believe that narrowing the map horizontally and extending it vertically would benefit it a lot. That is a no from me for now.

6. Ferrezinhre

Width of this map is 360 and height is 70, largest map in current cycle is bunnie_the-End that dimensions are 460 x 80, while four_rivers are 456 x 100. Low ceiling indeed might be an issue on this particular map.
    A little change then:
    Corroding_plains.png

7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Ah, probably overlooked some. I thought largest one was dellutha as of now (about 300ish?) And four rivers is not in current mapcycle.
    Still I think the width might be slight issue, but now with higher ceiling I think it's much better. I would say yes.

8. Ferrezinhre

So we can accept it as it is?

9. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Why would you ever suggest *increasing* the map height. Sky towers on large maps lead to stalemates, amplified x10 since quarries were added. If anything, having some wider maps in the pool could add to the variety, since like you said we don't have many. It's a yes from me but I think it was a step in the wrong direction. Still never got an answer for who this is by

10. Ferrezinhre

They should be happy, accepted.