1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Application AU RogueCupcake

Discussion in 'For Admin on Official KAG Servers' started by RogueCupcake, Aug 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Which continent are you from?
    I am from NZ.

How often do you play?
    I usually play for around an hour or more each night. I do play a bit more often on Mondays and Wednesdays throughout the day occasionally, and also on the weekends.

What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [in UTC +/- X form])?
    On weekdays: 5pm-10pm apx. (Mondays and Wednesdays 9am-10pm)
    Weekends: 1pm-10pm apx.
    UTC+12
    Those are the times I’m usually around but it does change from time to time.

Do you have any experience with being an admin on KAG servers?
    I do have limited experience being an admin, it has been a long time since I was.

In around 2013 I was an admin on Shadreki’s servers, I am pretty sure he had more than one server with different gamemodes. He first made me an admin on a temporary basis to train me and see if I was suitable and after a short time, he did make me a permanent admin on his servers.
    I am not sure how long that lasted, if he shut down his servers or went inactive or what else might’ve happened, but I did go inactive sometime in late 2014 so at most I was an admin for a year and a half.

I also have an old forum conversation that said I was an admin on “Buck’s” server but I’ll be honest I do not remember who he is or what servers he had or for how long I was an admin. This was about 7 or 8 years ago now.

Do you have any recommendations from notable people, such as moderators, server owners or current Official KAG Server Admins?
    Not really, I have been inactive in the community for about 5 or so years and have only just recently started playing actively.
    As in the last question I was an admin on Shadreki’s servers but I have no idea if he is active anymore or not.
    Any moderators and notable people I used to be in contact with and familiar with I’m not sure they would remember me after such a long time.
    The only server admins I have had any contact with since I’ve been back have been @Basshunter (vans) and @Ni , though both have been limited contact and probably not enough for a recommendation but they may have some input.

Why should you become an admin and what makes you a good admin?
    What made me think to apply was that often when I am playing on the Official servers, there have been no admins at all and situations have arisen where an admin would be helpful.
    I think the main reason though is my love for the game and wanting to make the servers a good place for all players.
    Although I have been inactive for a number of years, I played relentlessly from 2012-2014/15 and again periodically in 2016. I became very familiar with the game. As soon as I came back earlier this year that love I had for the game came back and I would love to be able to help the community in any way that I can, and for me, being an admin is one way that I can do that.
    My familiarity with the game would make me a good admin and also the fact that I am unbiased, I just want everyone to have a good time on this game, especially new players who often get abused because I remember when I was that player and I appreciated the old school admins being there to help me learn the game.

Any other information you think might be relevant?
    I don't know if these applications are for the servers of your region or not, but even though I am from NZ, I play on US and EU servers because at the moment the AUS servers don't have any players really.

What is your Discord username and tag?
    RogueCupcake#8687

Thank you for your consideration!
    Cheers,
    RogueCupcake ::):

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Achillios, SirSalami, epsilon and 4 others like this.
  2. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Thanks for your application and welcome to the roster!

Ni, link6155 and RogueCupcake like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.