1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies SP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by souldown, Dec 12, 2011.

1. souldown

souldown Shipwright

Hi, I really am waiting patiently for the zombie mode, secretly hoping its going to be amazing. I would really like to log on and play some now!
    Anyway, my question is, why all the posts about zombies, and video clips etc on twitter and then nothing? I really did think the zombie bit was going to be ready (alpha) for playing about on... Please please please make this happen soon. I want to fight wave after wave of zombies (with a brief break between rounds to make defences again)!!!

Stew

2. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

Whilst i don't post a lot i do check these forums every day and the main word i scan for is 'zombies' :P

MM's teasing videos lately have all been zombie related and i know that its currently being worked on and so all we can do is be a bit patient. I'm sure most of the hardcore players on this forum are only really semi interested in the zombie mode as the main competitive multiplayer is the main hook of this game, and frankly its awesome, but the zombie mode will be a perfect cherry on the cake.

just chill and be patient, soon we will get to carve our way through the horde. :)

3. souldown

souldown Shipwright

Glad its not just me logging on to look for zombie updates. I think the zombie mode could well be more that just a cherry. with the success of tower defence, wave style, games, it could be a massive part of the gameplay, and then coupled with the ability to do it multiplayer style, I JUST CANNOT WAIT!

What is mean, is the 2 teasing zombie posts to twitter/facebook and then nothing.

4. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

He's just building up tension dude! in fact, I would imagine that your forum post is exactly what hes looking for :p drumming up some extra interest before release.

Standard marketing procedures, if we're following the book then next up is some brief glimpses of gameplay or some pictures of the new sprites.

i look forward to seeing whatever it is anyway.

5. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

Yes! i Really want it!
    If there should be multiplayer, CMON CMON, server owners, do SERVERS LIKE THIS when this come out!
    i REALLY WOULD LIKE IT!
    Even if it comes with more siege weapons!
    And hats!
    This. IS. EPIC!

6. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

today about zm
    What was up with the unreadable (on my theme) color -FinDude

7. souldown

souldown Shipwright

Its been one day. Surely the Zombie mode should be out now... Coding can't be 'that' hard...

Surely?!!!??

Pull your finger out KAG team!

8. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I dabeled(is that how you spell it?lol) in coding over the summer till school started.Its not easy bro.And making a good AI i immagine must be very hard.

Eggnogg and IloveElectro like this.
  9. souldown

souldown Shipwright

PFFF!!!! naaaaaaa, Its just a couple of lines of words.....

Move zombie A to player B!

See, i did a line there, you guys at KAG may add that to your codebase for free (as long as im credited in the notes, we all know good code is about notes and not functionality!)

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It would be epic trolling if it turned out that MM just likes watching zombie movies and there are no plans for zombie mode.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  11. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

We're all very excited to see ZM released-Geti and MM too, I would think--, but expecting instant gratification in this kind of situation is both unwise and unhealthy! MM is some kind of code guru, but he's still human no matter how fast he writes. For the meantime, there are co-op servers out there that use mindless fodder as the primary antagonist; they should fit your wants and needs pretty well.

e: That would be absolutely hilarious, and it sounds like something he'd do!

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're working our butts off. There are many groans coming from our computers, partly from the undead and partly from the strain of us pounding the keys so hard and fast. They'll be out in time for christmas, plans witholding. Wrong holiday? Can't please everyone ;)

13. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Hah hah, thats almost worth waiting for Easter, almost.

Geti likes this.
  14. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

-_-That is not a line of code that wouldnt work.This makes my comp say stuff i want it to in the command line or a game if i changes one thing if i moved something a space it wouldnt work.Not best example but what you did was say somthing.Not code at all.If programming was easy evyone would make a game.And it takes alot more code than what i put to even have the beginnings of a game.Its Java by the way.And MM take as much time with zombies as you need to make it good!

Code:
    public class apples {
                public static void main(String args[]){
                    System.out.println("Hello Have A Nice Day.");
                }
    }

15. souldown

souldown Shipwright

Glad your working hard Geti, Zombies would be a great Xmas present, I Just hope you mean the upcoming xmas and not the following one! :D
    @ Kyzak I am joking about hurrying up, these things take time, I hope he isnt trolling us about zombies.

@ AJ, I am joking about writing code being easy. Ive done some visual basic and dabbled in java and its bloody hard!

I will be checking patiently for updates. I wish i would help you guys out in some way as this game is somthing I'd like to contribute my time to. Unfortunatly, Im not skilled in Code and ave limited sound design and sprite making skills. My only real skills are in video.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Well, if you want to give support, consider making some excellent gameplay videos to increase exposure ;)