1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Looks good, I will throw it into rotation and take out my hill map since we have enough hill maps anyway.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Gah. Sooooo much lag just now. :S

3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Thought this would be fun.
    This will be my last CTF map for awhile, since I'll be putting my mapping time towards Luigi's new server's practice maps.
    But I'll fix any bugs this one might have.

Attached Files:

4. Noburu

I will throw it up and give it a go. The last one was pretty fun but stalemated really fast. If they would add the ability for collapses underground and/or bridges not going on dirt walls, underground maps would be much better.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I originally wasn't going to make it an underground map, but I saw you say that we have too many hill maps, so I moved the spawns underground to make it a little more different.

6. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

For some reason I was randomly banned, could someone unban me

7. Prola75

Prola75 Shipwright

Hi. I got banned right now. Someone had the Auss tag. I thought it was for australian so I changed my clan tag to that to be cool. I really like australia and have family from there. Someone told me to remove it and i wasn't read it because I was fighting in the frontline the whole time. I'm really good and I take this game seriously. I don't think this was worth a ban. He should have frozen me and asked me to remove it. Of course I would have complied if he had frozen me. So please un-ban me. I didn't do anything to deserve this.

8. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

That was Rayne, as he thought you were impersonating the AUSS clan. There were several warnings given, but you never responded, so he kicked you.

That said, it should have been a small kick for 10? minutes. However, knowing the silliness that happens when you kick people anymore, I'll apologize in advance if you are unable to join for a while. Noburu will have to restart the server(s) to clear the bans.

9. Noburu

Server will likely be restarted soon and that will clear all the bans. Keep checking back and you should be unbanned in the next days. Likely though it wasnt a perm. ban and you may already be unbanned now.

Any clan tag you see is most likely a formed clan that you would need to apply for in the appropriate thread in the clan forums.

EDIT: Herp derp I am apparently banned myself on my own server! LOL
    Dont know how that happened since I quit the game out myself this morning and was the only admin on. Server will be restarting now.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hey Prola, if you're really keen on Australia, please feel free to apply to join the AUSS clan in this thread: CLICKITY ;)

11. Baron_Norab

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. harbringerod

harbringerod Bison Rider

does anyone else have the Action! unlimited respawn server missing from their list

13. Baron_Norab

It likes to hide at the bottom of the list for me, just look for it.

14. Noburu

It shouldbe at the top of the list if you sort by number of players.

15. Baron_Norab

Even though I get a great ping to it, since the last patch it likes to hang around the bottom when I sort by ping.

16. Noburu

Yeah its hard to get a real ping on the server or for it to show you the map and number of players since the 228 update.

EDIT: Was just checking on the server and apparently it crashed and didnt restart itself, I just restarted it. I notice these things much faster if you guys either PM on forums or post in this thread as I check them multiple times a day.

17. studios

studios Shipwright

Just banned for trying to fix a castle. When I joined there was none, just a few workshops floating in the sky on wooden platforms. With blue team encroaching I got to work building a stone castle. I set up two 2x wide walls (except for a bottom portion where an archer was standing, refusing to move) and was in the process of destroying the workshops to relocate them to fit my castle design. I told teammates multiple times to not worry because I was fixing their castle - I can't just insta-rebuild workshops. That's when I was banned.

Your mods are really over-zealous and need the patience to watch what builders are doing before labeling them "griefers!" It's kind of ridiculous how I set up some sense of a stone castle in place of their wooden platform castle and still got banned... obviously I was helping the team.

I request an unban.

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hmm.

That doesn't sound good, but you need to give us more details, including (especially!) the name of the mod who banned you - that way we can ask them what was going on from their point of view and see if this was a case of miscommunication, or whether they were acting out of turn, or whatever.

Okay? ;)

Edit: Also, Noburu, could we please take the YB map (screenshot attached below) out from the map list in Action! Rapid CTF? It's not possible to play it as a CTF and I always end up having to 'next map' because people climb into unreachable spots and won't fight.

screen-11-12-11-13-09-10.png

19. studios

studios Shipwright

I didn't get their name. It was on Action! CTF Unlimited Respawns. :huh?: I know it would definitely look like I was griefing, especially once I started moving the workshops around, so I understand the ban.

Is the ban for a certain amount of time? How long?

20. FuzzyBlueBaron

Fair enough.

The ban time can vary, but it shouldn't be permanent.

I'll go see if I can unban you. I assume your forum name is your username?

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.