1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld and Adventures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Torchic this has been said plenty of times, there will still be a classic mode ;)

2. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Ok good, ty. Now I feel stupid for asking XD

3. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

lol so liek we can expect this next week?
    kthxbye have my dream game ready MM & geti xDDD

- Carver

Foxodi and SpitfireXero like this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Awesome, i should totally buy kag when this (and the zombie gamemode) is released.

5. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

No, you should buy it now while it's cheap :3

SirSalami and illu like this.
  6. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yes thats smart, ill buy it asap. (If i dont forget to do so ofc) :)

7. matheu3

matheu3 Shipwright

finally the game that i dreamt about is finally coming true :D also can there be a mage class? if so i would love that

Mornaval likes this.
  8. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

mb overworld mag class/staff/book is normaly with diferent properties

9. Vikthar

Vikthar Shipwright

Epic :)

10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

This is orgasmic

11. Benedictthebald

Benedictthebald Shipwright

has anyone played Mount and Blade? because i think a system similar to that could work for NPCs in kag so they may require a payment to get them then an upkeep cost. Also it would ether be you having to buy their equipment and choose their role or you buy an archer or night to guard your castle already outfitted.

And maybe if it was item based without classes i think there could be the weapon you are wielding denominates your attack and the armour denominates your ability so light leather would allow you to climb trees and move quickly where as thick armour would give you more health or defence but slower movement and less jump?

also as you said the overworld would work like an old rpg does that mean it would be on a grid?

Beef and Noc like this.
  12. Contaron

Contaron Shopkeep Stealer

Maybe the devs could implement something like in unreal world where if somebody is on the zoomed in map and you go onto that tile you're automatically zoomed in too?

It would work better for traps and ambushes.

13. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Thank you, I have ALWAYS imagined it basically exactly like the Mount and Blade campaign. Which, in my opinion, would be the most perfect and flawless implementation of this game because that singleplayer campaign was nearly perfect save for the fact that you could not experience the adventures with friends...now you can, as this will be multiplayer. I can not wait to roleplay in this world and I hope the devs really give players the ability to do that in many simple ways (ie. local chat, emote chat, etc. to name a few)

I don't know about going even further into the process of combat though like you are saying.. maybe. The idea of this game and the reason it's so addictive is it's simplistically beautiful nature. Start adding in stuff like that and it just becomes a way players can easily master the game to get the upper hand. I personally like the same skill match in most cases because equipment is less of a factor and the winner is more determined by pure skill. But I really do see where you are coming from. Perhaps if it didn't really branch off much farther from simply "light is faster" and "heavy is slower but durable" then it would be great.

14. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Man, this is going to be awesome.

I will be the noblest lancer.

Also, I wonder if factionalism is going to be permanent, or if there will be the ability (for a strong enough player, at least) to be a mercenary.

15. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Perma death still sounds harsh for hours of work, in a game that has so much pvp. Once actual castles are built, they should at least be able to get some kind of priest npc or player class that can revive a dead character for a penalty and fee. But only for members of that castle, mercenaries could face harsher penalties but earn good coin freelancing. It would still be expensive so you'd only resurrect the best of the fallen, the rest are ZOMBIFIED

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

DarkDain: It's been stated in many places including the original blog post that permadeath would be what we design the game for, but would be togglable as a server config.
    The whole point of permadeath is that it's harsh -> people are more careful and societies work more like a society would in real life, with murderers getting tossed out and disruptions generally frowned upon, with ruffians on the outskirts and hunting parties shooing them away.
    We're also considering having an afterlife in the game, where you'd be able to make it back to the mortal plane via some circumstances.

Auri: factions are going to be implemented with crests that you'll be able to carry an arbitrary number of -> you'll be able to be allied with or opposed to each and every faction in the game.

Rayne and Noc like this.
  17. Contaron

An afterlife would be cool.
    Would it work like if you die in the afterlife your character is gone for good?
    And would it be one giant cave system that regularly changes shape and you have to find your way to the top, working with your clan and fighting people as you go?
    There would be like an overworld war and an underworld war.:)
    Or maybe its random starting points but you still start somewhere near the bottom?

18. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Sounds awesome. Also if there is going to be a way to have people come back from death, it would make sense to me that someone else would have to run some kind of revivification rite, or get a necromancer involved. Or I guess if you're strong enough you could just kill all the celestial beings guarding the gates back to the overworld.

Anyway, however it's accomplished, I love the idea of permadeath. Though I'd definitely play on non-permadeath servers too.

One other question though: Is the character name in game going to be linked to the account name, or is it going to be otherwise customizeable?

19. Obzen

Obzen Shipwright

Believe me, perma-death is awesome. It makes a battle way more intense and the adrenaline rush will be much larger than you've experienced before.

czubai likes this.
  20. Contaron

Permadeath sounds cool but will you be able to make a new character after your old one dies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.