1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How make better zoom out camera for archer?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ohos, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ohos

ohos Shipwright

hi, sometimes i build high buildings in the sky and shoot with archer from there. but camera can't zoom out enough to see where i shoot. how can i make camera zooming out more then 2 steps from closes now? or at least make it moving out of character

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You can't.

3. ohos

ohos Shipwright

maybe there are some .cfg/.xml files i can change to reach this effect?

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Guide to shoot catapults (/archers) you can't see.
    1. Go to the 2nd zoom level, not fully zoomed out.
    2. Go to the totally zoomed out mode. (You are able to see further for a split second, in full screen at least)
    3. Now you know where the cata (/archer) is aim that way
    4. Keep changing your aim until you see a nice +15 (/+5) at your coins.
    5. Keep shooting until you don't get the +15 (/+5) any more. You either destroyed the cata (archer) or it moved. (go to step 1)

If you are jut spraying at knights or other moving objects, keep track of your coins. When you get coins keep spraying in a similar direction.

You are probably able to see further with a little bit of hacking, but that's hacking. duh

przemekczech likes this.
  5. ohos

ohos Shipwright

i already found these tricks*, but it only tricks
    i searched some things about camera and found, before few pathes camera was another, free moving mode? how get it back to check?

how make free moving camera during alive player?

6. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Camera settings can be changed in the Options > Player menu, though this will not let you see further than anybody else; it's the same thing with different controls.

7. SpruceMaroose

SpruceMaroose Shipwright

I think it would be useful to have the option to 'not hide HUD' when you mouse to the edge of the screen - that way, you can (as an archer) see (by the addition of gold) when you're aiming right to hit that cata etc.