1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Had anyone tried reskinning ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by max_rus, Dec 20, 2011.

?

Yo ?

1. I'm a dude who appreciates retro graphics.

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. I'm a dude who'd rather not have retro graphics.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. max_rus

max_rus Shipwright

All sprites are just in game folder so no need to unpacking shit

So noone else did the reskinning job before ?

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

As in get rid of the pixels and turn it into the run of the mill COD textures?

3. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

I've seen other games put out MLP:FiM texture packs for other games before. Just came to mind. So.. It can be easy?
    Either that or all of the modding skill is in the MLP community, which is.. Unusual.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

5. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester

I don't know that I'd ever want to reskin KAG -- at first the game looked a bit iffy, then geti did his art update..... and I haven't used a texture pack since.

Low Res does not equal bad, and Geti's art is really fitting for 8x8 blocks. And Geti, I bet you could make a cool Minecraft texture pack :3

6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yup it looks pretty, when you see HD texture packs for minecraft the game looks awful, it's just not really in the nature of it I don't think, obviously that's a bit different what with it been 3D and all obviously. Just cos something's pixilated doesn't make it look shit if you ask me though, alot of my favourite games graphically are pretty pixilated, roller coaster tycoon jumps to mind.

7. max_rus

max_rus Shipwright

Ok thanks neat didnt notice the thread

I personally not like 8 bit

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Your poll made me cry, I'm 21, not 42, and 8 bit is superior to your shitty CoD 3d texture packs brown and bloom generic shooter crap.

I'm happy no one will ever be able to see me on their screen as some generic cowadooty character, but instead as a proper 8bit character.

Kouji, Rainbows, Neat and 1 other person like this.
  9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

If you hate the way the game looks - don't play it.

10. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Meeting a close-minded, opinionated individual with more of the same is a fine way to start an argument, without accomplishing much of anything else. You're free to express whatever you'd like, but please, make an effort to be a little less crude about it. This isn't /v/.

Edited the poll so it's slightly less prone to instigate an argument.