1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Nostalgia (64)

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Darksteel, Dec 17, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

As this topic is titled; Other Games, I think some of the golden oldies deserve to be posted about...

Recently I pulled out a time capsule from when I was 5 and found my N64, and the 23 games I have for it, in particular I started playing Ogre Battle 64, which is epic for the console its on. It involves making an platoon of units and attacking another platoon...

back to the purpose of this thread, I want people to post the title of their favourite N64 game and why they loved it so much, I'm trying to make you Nostalgic for a great generation of games that set the bar on addictiveness. From 007 to Zelda, Conker's Bad Fur Day to Tonic Trouble. What was your favourite and why?

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Super Smash Bros, for being the only game of its time to have its type of gameplay and fast action. Honestly, it reminds me a lot of KaG now, with the fast paced 2D multiplayer fighting action.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I was in the IB program in high school, which is basically like squishing the normal curriculum into a shorter length and then doing maybe like a year of university level work on the end. Anyways we had a computer lab for us where every day at lunch we'd play Smash Bros via PJ64.

4. Ohh the Zelda games!!! ocarina and majora's mak! thoose were awesome, and mario kart, smash bros, mario party, star fox (DO A BARREL ROLL) too!

SonicSonic15 likes this.
  5. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

oo7 Goldeneye and Kirby I call my favorite. Even though I had my N64 when I was like 4 or 5. I love Goldeneye because of the fast-paces FPS action. Kirby was just so fun because it was challenging. I miss that pink little fellow.

6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Played the ever loving crap out of Smash bros, Golden eye and ocarina of time. grabbed every goddamn star in mario 64 (a feat i intend not to do with galaxy or galaxy 2, screw purple coin challenges!)

Still games like Jet Force Gemini left an impression aswell...

7. Mornaval

Mornaval Shopkeep Stealer

Quest 64 & Space Station Silicon Valley

8. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There were so many classic N64 games.
    I was a huge Rare fan - from Goldeneye & Perfect Dark through Banjo Kazooie & Donkey Kong 64 all the way to Conker's Bad Fur Day. Oh and Jet Force Gemini was awesome too!

The Zeldas were obvious favourites too, as was Lylat Wars and Smash Bros.

And I loved Silicon Valley too Mornaval :D

9. Cc

Cc Shipwright

I was More of a Gamecube kinda Guy,

But i would have to say I did Play it and Loved it :D

majora's mask! : Ras-ed the Bar of gaming
    Super mario 64 : Just Epic way of platforming!

10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

My favorites

Majora's Mask - Although shorter than OoT, it was darker and harder which made it more rewarding in the end
    Hey You Pikachu - Pikachu, what else do you need at 8
    Paper Mario - because it was absolutely hilarious and great boss music.
    Toy Story 2 - Because Buzz Lightyear is awesome

11. Darksteel

Majora has a much longer play time, theres about 50 side quests that involve attaining masks, it is quite a fun game to replay aswell... Fierce Deity FTW!

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I never managed to get every star in Mario 64, but I did grab every star possible in Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy (The Luigi Purple Coins in the Toy Time Galaxy was definitely a pain)

Personally, Mario Party 2 was the best of the N64 Mario Parties because it had the best minigames collection and cosplay.

13. SonicSonic15

SonicSonic15 Shipwright

I loved Majora's Mask too, and Ocarina of Time (I hate that Water Temple), I play them over again when I'm not playing KAG cause they're both great fun. I just wished there was a Boss Battle mode on Ocarina of Time like they have on the 3DS version. At Majora's Mask I was stuck on the Great Bay Temple, but then, it suddenly crashed when I was halfway through, especially when I got past those annoying Mini-Bosses, I hope to try it again. You should also suggest games on the Dolphin, I play SSBM on there. (And for all those Majora Mask fans, I'm sure you know BEN.)

14. Darksteel

First off, I try to avoid the use of emulators, I only use them when my catridges stop working. Water temple was never that hard for me, I actually wonder why people are always complaining about it... finally... who is BEN? I've never heard of him...

15. SonicSonic

SonicSonic Shipwright

Mods: BlueLuigi