1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Arrows Going through Shields?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolffkran, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

I was wondering if I could inquire as to whether this is an intentional uh.. Balance tool or not. Because as of now, with the new build, arrows can hit knights through shields, rendering knights totally incapable of victory. I realize knights dominated archers before, but only head on. I figured it was because archers aren't SUPPOSE to fight knights head on. Well now they can, and I can't figure out how this helps when everyone wants to play as an archer now.

2. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I am pretty sure that's a bug. I noticed that arrows sometimes go through the player instead of dissapearing on hit. I think that's why they damage you even if you shield. They hit you in the back while going through you.

3. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Yeah, saw this too. I am also not sure if it is intentional or not. Right now I can't approach archers since they will just run back and shoot through my shield. There wes this single archer in a tree and he had no problem pushing me and another knight back since we couldn't defend ourselves.

Edit:
    Noticed this as well. It is probably a bug. Don't think it is something done for balance issues as it would render knights helpless against archers.

4. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

It being a bug would make the most sense.

5. tinsoldier

tinsoldier Shopkeep Stealer

I hope it's a bug and not intentional. It's a rude surprise otherwise.

6. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Dunno what is worse, charged (or all?) arrows going trough shield or if you are far away shielding knight isn't even knocked back by arrows and by this making uncounterable archers nest on skybridge with single knight... But old shieldbox was so big that I don't mind making it a bit smaller (like pixel xD).

I'm not that bothered by it because of 2 things:
    - it will be fixed, there is no doubt in my mind
    - knight discover a class that can't shield EVERY damage from enemy player? If knight couldn't shield bombs he would almost feel like archer.

Still waiting till knights will come back to "if i'm skilled will never take damage" build.

7. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Never take damage, maybe, but also never deal damage, as all damage the knight has is either bombs (costly, gotten by fighting, or maybe begging off builders) or melee. Melee is the place you ofcourse die the most.

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

If you play sensibly close to other knights it's easy enough to be effective in melee.

9. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

no you guys just suck ;)
    its easy as 123.

10. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

I saw this...I was like.. WTF?! OP ARCHER ! Now archer are again over power. Thank god if is only a bug.

11. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's a bug and it is fixed. Play on servers that have updated and patched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.