1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How I feel about King Arthurs Gold lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatomcwhiskey, Jan 6, 2012.

1. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

[​IMG]Anyone else feel this is true? Anywhere I can go to escape the 8 doors in a row and giant square towers alongside all sorts of other terrible builders and player behaviour in general? Basically, I only really enjoy the game when half the teams actually trying to be useful rather than run around like headless chickens or building cock forts.

I'm ok with them playing the game how they want, but the terrible building design gets me killed a lot and thats frustrating.

Beef, GloriousToast, Boxpipe and 3 others like this.
  2. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Neh, the first adopters tend to be the more professional players, and then the hordes of newbs and noobs pour in later.

For some reason, after the update, there seem to be way more Door-in-wall ladders built at the front of the base, which is especially bizarre considering that they are less functional this update than ever. I play a decent builder when I get too annoyed at awful builders for being awful builders.

3. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

Just today was the day I saw more players since i play KAG ( 3 weeks ago)

4. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Yeah I noticed with this new build there was a weird influx of terrible players. EVERY game I went into, builders were building towers supported by only a wooden door that was on ground level, and they told me I was wrong when I told them knights were going to cut through it like butter. But nope. Don't listen to me, I "don't know what I'm talking about"

[​IMG] Mfw watching them build

5. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Suggested fix: default spawn as a knight !

6. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

That's... actually a really good idea.

7. Brine

Brine Horde Gibber

I feel like the quality of builders is more dependent on the server you're playing on, I found that most of the builders on specific servers like to do certain strategies. For example the most common place where I see sky bridges is unlimited respawns. I see a lot more Avocado traps on B.B.B than others. Most people like to play on one server, thus usually the quality of builders is dependent on the quality of the builders who happen to play on that server the most.

I think anyways!

Eggnogg likes this.
  8. siersciuch07

siersciuch07 Horde Gibber

About KAG I feel exactly the same as you potato, but mostly thanks to the "updates" :(

potatomcwhiskey and Noburu like this.
  9. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I like it, I like it...but then there would be an entirely new thread about how players are just throwing themselves off the sides of cliffs like lemmings and decreasing the teams unit count drastically.

Notcho likes this.
  10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Shopkeep Stealer

on their first day of playing, most players will want to construct fortifications (I certainly did). cause the slashing and arrows and platforming, while fun, is all stuff we've seen before. but the sandbox construction mode in a pvp game like this is still kinda fresh.

as this game continues to rise in popularity, we will see a greater influx of new players, which means more new builders in public servers who will want to build big towers and walls and traps without any understanding of the game. sadly, you're probably going to just have to get used to it.

some players grow out of the newbie construction mode really quickly, some people will be stuck in it for their entire KAG career. the only thing you can really do as a community is make sure the resources are readily available for people who are willing and able to take the next step and learn how to actually contribute. this means guides and advice on the wiki, forums, everywhere you can find the game basically.

Notcho likes this.
  11. I think this new wave of total noobs and morons who ruin the game is due to patch every 20 minutes now and really small amount of servers. Noobs, pros and normal players have to play one th same servers which is causing this rage generating situation.

I HATE NOOB BUILDERS SO MUCH...

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Shopkeep Stealer

i hesitate to say, but i found KAG through 4chan.. i don't know how recently KAG started getting discussed on 4chan but that site has a massive amount of traffic and there's going to be a huge influx of new players due to it. so yeah... get prepared to weather a big storm of new players.

13. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

and no offence meant because i do occasionally visit 4chan and its because of these experiances that i will add to the post above...

"and a S**t load of trolls"

good to see it getting more popular and more updates though, bring us zombies please :D

14. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

I've tried explaining that long corridors filled with doors are a hindrance but nobody will listen. At least both teams tend to have this problem.

15. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

If both sides are doing it, i can only see it as an entertaining win-win

16. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

The hilarity does make it all worth it. Have you noticed that everytime a group of people are running towards a ledge, SOMEONE is going off the side. I don't care who it is, someone is going to forget to stop and fall. It's always at least one person.

17. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Perhaps, at the end of the builder's tutorial, we should make the player run through 2 "simulated defensive structures"- One being a simple building with a standard spike trap, an elevated door, and a mostly horizontal pathway, and another with a large useless wall to climb, a hallway of 8 doors, a straight wall supported by only a door, and other generally-agreed-upon annoying/useless structures, with signs placed through them explaining why the first is a good, effective, and useful defense and the second is counterproductive and irritating if not dangerous to the defending team.

Not that that ever helps anything. Worth a shot though.

Alkaine, Notcho and MooCowMan like this.
  18. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Yeah that would be wonderful, or maybe a short 3 minute builder tutorial inside the client explaining some of the general dos and don't? My computer with all my recording software and good tech broke down (Read overheated and went on fire). . I could cover maybe builder etiquette (Spacing out buildings) (Not interfering) (Not building massive door farms) (Ladders for knights) and stuff like that? This wold be part of a larger builder tutorial I have planned as soon as I get my replacement PC and set it up.

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. Demented_SCV

Demented_SCV Shopkeep Stealer

OP wanted to know where to go to avoid shitty builders. I think that as more and more people begin to share your feelings, you'll see players start shifting to the Premium server. You'll see better players there. ^^

20. Etna

Etna Shipwright

4chan doesn't bring in more griefers then other forums do