1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Full Screen Problem

Discussion in 'General Help' started by RoboHobo, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoboHobo

RoboHobo Shipwright

Hello, I've having a problem with the new update: beforehand, I could use fullscreen 1280x800 (since being my native screen resolution). Now with the new update, it automatically converts to 640x480 whenever I select it. It's a really nuisance, can anyone help?

2. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

i have the same problem but with 1020x768.

3. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

I'm having this problem too, thanks for tipping me off that windowed mode doesn't do that, though. :3

Here's a sort of mockup in case the problem isn't obvious (my print screen didn't actually capture the black space so I added that in)

[​IMG]

4. Pazuru990

Pazuru990 Shipwright

I imagine they'll have it patched before long. Here's hoping, 'cause it seems to not be an isolated problem.

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'm not getting the exact same issue as you guys because I'm using 1366x768 fullscreen, but I am getting a problem probably related to it. At this resolution everything looks like it's been scaled up.
    [​IMG]
    The right side is how the game used to look like to me, and the left side would be sort of how the game looks like now.

I believe that the scaling in the game isn't working in full screen mode. Full screen mode it can only display at 640x800 for some reason. Your computer then handles either does stretches out the image (meaning for some it will stretch it out to fit the screen and to others) or it won't stretch it out so it'll keep it at 640x800 and centers it instead.

6. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Kouji: I deliberately set my computer to display things of a small resolution at their actual size, as a personal preference sort of thing. You have your computer stretch them instead (which might warp the image too, which is why I avoid it.).

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I actually have my computer set so that it displays it at the actual size as well (I hate stretching, it just looks ugly) but for some reason it isn't doing that.

8. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Ohh....

The plot thickens.

9. p4raiba

p4raiba Bison Rider

I have the same problem, with 1024x768.
    On this version my kag is totally bug.

10. xxpabloxx

maybe the console can help somehow since it appears all detailed:

problema1.jpg problema2.jpg

11. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You are on windows right? Does it work now? I think I fixed it.

Bracket likes this.
  12. whitejade

whitejade Shipwright

The update didn't do anything in my case. When trying to play in 1920x1080 fullscreen, it still resizes to 1600x900 and stretches everything. Using win7 32b.

13. Dazbuzz

Dazbuzz Shipwright

Still getting auto-resized here on win7 64b. Hopefully it will be fixed, as i cannot really play with a messed up resolution.

14. xxpabloxx

For me this issue has been fixed with the latest build, so i can play KAG normally :)

15. whitejade

whitejade Shipwright

Indeed it has, everything running smoothly now. ^_^

16. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

It's working now for me too. :3

Hey Daz, you should still be able to play with a pretty good resolution if you play in Windowed mode, if you still have the same bug.

17. p4raiba

p4raiba Bison Rider

indeed

[edit - trelawney] locking thread, fixed on build 265

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.