1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 265 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

If you're a good knight you can still charge attack 3 quarters into the charge bar *grins*

2. The chat in the top is . . .

APPLEStoTHEpear, Valkyrie and xChapx like this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

CoughDrop, xChapx and Rambo like this.
  4. I just get this part : KAG/Base/Scripts/config.gm
    help me with this one: global cc_valign = 2; -

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

1. Open that file (Notepad should open up if using Windows)
    2. Go to the line highlighted here
    [​IMG]

3. It will be 0, change it 2
    4. Save the file
    5. Profit

xChapx and Rambo like this.
  6. Thank you, you kind sir :)

7. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

MM, would it be possible to not update automatically the game rules files on the server ? Or maybe update them only when it's needed. After every patch I restart my server and forget to upload the team1 and team2.cfg.

8. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

9. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Impossible. I need authority over those files because I define the game in them.
    The simple solution is to just make your own copy of the rules. Edit Scripts/dedicated_autostart.cfg to launch them instead of CTF.

Sorry about the chat config not being in Settings menu but I was in a hurry. I might add it later. Although I dont see why anyone would want the bottom chat there other than because of habit.

Zuboki and xChapx like this.
  10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

MM!? Whyyy!? Putting the chatbox up there covers up the units therefore hiding the amount left, it's not habit but more like out of usefullness!

11. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Eh, the unit counter actually displays below the chatbox now, plus it's colorful and flashy now. The real problem is that, half the time, the unit counter doesn't show at all, for some reason.

GHOZT likes this.
  12. Neat

Because my eyes are naturally inclined to see the chat at the bottom in every single game i've ever played, why do you think i'm not into the change? But it doesn't matter to me since we can change it back anyway.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  13. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I don't see how 5% slower slash charges significantly affects the gameplay or buffs lower skilled knights.. you just need to slightly adjust your timing which shouldn't take long at all. Slashes dominate the play too much, it's good to encourage more variety with jabs - and its completely possible to reliably win 1v1 jab fights.
    Great job with the patch MM, must be hard to stay motivated when you read these forums some times.

GHOZT likes this.
  14. Neat

I don't see how the 5% thing affects anything, so I don't get why it was put in!

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

5% in a long charge time is really significant. I use to be really deep into Soul Calibur IV (a fighting game) where knowing frame data (like how many frames before the impact of the attack, how many frames of block stun etc) was like the first thing you needed before you could be anything but a scrubby noob. Anyways it showed me how much just a few frames can make a huge difference. Like a 12 frame attack is considered pretty fast, where as an attack that comes out in 15 is slow.

16. Neat

So how does it actually affect gameplay, aside from making vets cringe at having to learn again. It's not like different knights will have different charge times.

17. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

But why...would i ever want to...learn? Like i said, it may just take time, but it makes me feel like it makes it to easy, or to much chance, i love games that take skill to be good at because then you feel more accomplished, with this i just feel more lucky.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Noburu and Beef like this.
  18. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

This is not trolling or flaming but honestly if we can not play older builds we need knights fixed.

19. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've been going archer for this very reason. Knight combat doesn't seem to require as much skill any more. Meh, this has been going in cycles. The classes have been getting buffs and nerfs since before the summer. They reach a balance and it is good, but then it's gone again, like tears in the rain...

Ahem.

I imagine things aren't set in stone yet. They'll change again. Preferably back to build 190 style.

Valkyrie and Noburu like this.
  20. CoughDrop

CoughDrop KAG Guard Tester

I'm no knight, but perhaps it was meant to change how they interact with the other classes in combat.