1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Savage 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by czubai, Aug 6, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I'm purely conjurer (I said 'sapling' earlier, lol) or marksman, but I've been trying to learn the healing classes as well. Love supporting people.

Oh, and if you're the comm, you'd rather not make me a squad officer unless you really have to (shitty other players ;p). I'm more of a lone wolf, behind enemy lines. Only good players can really benefit from my spawn portals.

2. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Me as well. I just keep about six mana potions on me at all times for quick mana regeneration. Then stand right behind the line healing and reviving teammates. If you are beast, you can also confuse and entrap enemies so they are easier to kill.

I'm terrible at conjurer.

3. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

I'd love to play with you guys soon. I just finished downloading.

4. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

I came to this category looking for this :P yeah this game reminds me alot of KAG and has good inspirations ! I played savage 1 before 2 came out :o

5. dwatring

I want the devs to give a shit about it again. I love it :(

6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Reason Savage 2 didn't reach high popularity is because Savage 1 is the best :) They completely changed the melee, and commanding was made easy mode in s2 = 90% of savage 1 vets raged at it.

7. dwatring

But, Savage 2 still a lot of fun.

I also heard that S2Games lost all their game data and the game 90% of the way through making it. That must've been really tough.

8. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Citation required; I never heard of this :/
    Yeah I suppose its still fun, just not if you are from S1, a game where melee takes months to master. I chuckle whenever people say KAG isn't noob friendly - you can learn basically all of KAG within a day.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Woah, people play Savage 2? :) I can never find anyone to play with because everyone always wants to play Savage XR.

I friggin' love S2.

10. Projan

Projan Shipwright

Wanna hear something inspirating?
    Savage 3 is on the way, but till then savage xr 1.0 is the real game around!but we haven't released it yet. just waiting for props/objects and upcoming maps to finish there's an available pre-release client for everyone now, we took it out from xr private testing.

for those who likes to get updated about this self-growing unique game i recommend: newerth.com

also i'd like to support foxodi's point there, savage xr/sav1 isn't noob friendly at all. It's a game you really should master at it, not by grinding/levelling up for hours but getting yourself accustomed to. Luckily we've tutorials nowadays that helps players a lot! Just for months fox? it took all my 4 years to get on this top level :P

11. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I used to be amazing at Savage 2. Played only Conjurer, Dwarf and the human healer class whos name I forget. I was awful at anything else. Regularly took on 4+ guys and held the line against impossible odds.

Did they change the combat from Attack>Interrupt>Block>attack? Most New players would open up a fight by just swinging wildly so the more experienced players started opening up with blocking. Then some of use really clever buggers started opening up with interrupts. Oftentimes I could tell just exactly how tough the fight would be based on the opening move my opponent used.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. BC

BC Bison Rider

I used to play a lot of Savage 2 as BCman, its such a fun game. I'll probably play it again if I get bored of KAG.

I like being commander though players tend to blame the commander when things don't go well.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi