1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Doors Appearance -- So much better before

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krizzen, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Krizzen

Krizzen Shipwright

Subject says it all.

OK, maybe it doesn't, but I'll keep this short: doors now look so similar to bridges to the point it's somewhat difficult to tell the two apart during combat. Before, they were unmistakably different.

Discuss.

Neat and DUZ like this.
  2. Omski

Omski Shipwright

I have no problem telling the two apart.
    You might need glasses :/?

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

To me they look plenty different. I also personally like the way doors look now. It'd be better if they properly merged with a lower door all the time, but this game is still in alpha and minor graphical glitches are allowed.

4. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG] Totally different. It looks like a 4.

5. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

I had friends who told me the graphics were ugly to the point they couldn't tell bridges, stones and walls appart. Of course they're not my friends anymore.

Bracket, Strathos and DUZ like this.
  6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Nevertheless I dislike the new door sprites, I think they look ugly compared to the old ones.

AJ, Noburu, BlueLuigi and 1 other person like this.
  7. knightl

knightl Base Burner

how close zoomed in were they i play mid-far and can't stand all the way in my brother hated KAG at start because he was like that (he also sucks at it :) )

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

When combat is heated and you are zoomed out, I could understand how someone could mistake one for the other, in serious battles (I'm talking about like 1 on 6-7) you don't really have the time to confirm it, you use peripheral glancing (at least I do) to tell the difference. Perhaps it's because I play on a 32" TV instead of a decent sized monitor that I have this problem, but it is annoying. Nonetheless the fix is easy, just take the old files (if you have them lying around) and replace them.

This same problem of changing things and making the older versions hard to replace is a bit annoying though overall for example the whole chat moved to the top thnig, I also for some reason can no longer disappear my chat by dragging my mouse to the bottom, even if my chatbox is moved there via cc_valign 2.

Basically the problem is with the process, and unless that's fixed we'll have more problems like this.

9. Demented_SCV

Demented_SCV Shopkeep Stealer

Visually, the Chatbox is at the bottom. The game still thinks, however, that the chatbox is at the top for the purpose of disappearing.

10. Krizzen

Krizzen Shipwright

OK, maybe its not as much of a gameplay issue as I thought, but more of design issue. Just look at the thing. Its a wooden hulking six-pack. Before it had more of a door appearance, looking a bit thinner than the surrounding blocks. I know, it has always filled the entire 8x8 image, but the fainter lines in the middle gave way to a "hey, I'm something you might can get through" look. It looks like wood slop now, or like a keg, and chiefly -- something you possibly can't pass through.

Here's an example... I'm no artist, but here's the idea:

[​IMG]

The original is so busy with high contrast lines. A smoother appearance would clear that up.