1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing KAG and how did you find it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Nov 6, 2011.

1. I also watched it on good game so if I did not watch that one episode I would not even know about this game :D

GHOZT likes this.
  2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Yeh, but I remember an admin shutting the thread down because it "had no importance" or something.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

4. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

5. Brine

Brine Horde Gibber

Totalhalibut. In fact I am watching one of his mailboxes as I am posting this.

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Edited thread title and merged both threads together.

I found out about kag, believe or not, through a random google search of "King Arthurs World" which lead to that site that contrary found out from.

7. lizzay

lizzay Shipwright

I've only been playing for a few months but my boyfriend showed it to me. When we first started he wasn't so sure it would be my "cup of tea" because I had made similar comments before. After a few games (and getting a few kills) I found that I really enjoy it.

GHOZT likes this.
  8. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

I found KAG when Notch mentioned it in his Twitter account (which I no longer bother to check). This was around a week or two before catapults were added in, so there was only the gold rush gamemode where the team with the most builders won. Skybridges were VERY common. Knights were moving castles with their shields being impenetrable. I also remember a LOT of archer volleying because archers could shoot so fast. People always complained about how good they were at short-range.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Now that the thread name has changed, I found about KAG when darDar or somebody else linked to it in MM's blog, speculating if it was his game since it had irrlicht.dll in the folder. (lol?)

10. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I am ashamed to say how I found it, I looked up terraria clone, tested it, fell in love.
    Been playing since the week of release.

11. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I dont remember when I started playing... I did discover KAG since I frequent MM's blog, following on his progress on Link-Dead... Planned to buy into the alpha and try that out, but since LD cooled down I started to wonder why, then I saw a little kinghty icon above and I got curious and clicked it and was redirected to the KAG website... after some difficulties getting my account to work I bought the game a few days afterwards...

And I realised I already posted in this thread already, how silly of me. oh well at least I posted a wee bit more details this time.

12. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

I found it on Total Biscuit's Youtube channel when he featured it a couple of months back (Octoberish I think).

13. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Yeah and you totally pull the rug out from under me when you're stacking up 50/10 k/d ratios nearly every game and that was before you got over your fear of using bombs. It's a dark day when your girlfriend can outshine you in a video game, but it's not entirely my fault. I blame the Asian blood. It gives you an unfair advantage and the ability to do anything better than anyone.

I found out about this game at indiedb.com

14. L-III-III-7

L-III-III-7 Shopkeep Stealer

i found kag when i was sifting through games on desura and saw it was modeled after king arthurs world which was a childhood passion... still own it... anyway love the game

15. Basil

Basil Shipwright

Around the beginning of December last year I was so bored with all the games that I was playing at the time that I started looking for something new to play...so I went to youtube and searched something along the lines of "multiplayer swordfight, this week" and saw Kag. I didn't try it until like a week or two later, but when I actually started playing it I loved it. :)

16. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Shipwright

There was a thread on /v/ months ago talking about the game. Of course, being /v/, everyone started shouting "VIRAL MARKETING! VIRAL MARKETING!" despite the fact that the game is free to play.

So I tried it out. Never looked back.

/v/ may be a putrid sea of boners and people who take video games way too seriously, but occasionally a gem finds its way to page 1.

Vivicus likes this.
  17. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Can't believe I didn't post here yet.
    Found the game on IndieDB back in September
    Came here to grief ended up actually playing the game.

/v/ likes anything but videogames. I remember there was a thread arguing about hexagons.

Eggnogg likes this.
  18. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I remember when I used to think KAG was being made by Derek Yu, because he had posted about it/mentioned it on TIGsource or something. Also because Spelunky and KAG share the same chibi-retro style graphics.

Also, if I ever get a server of my own up and running, one of the first things I want to do with it is host a Classic KAG event, in which we can reminisce and play build 40 or something for a few days (that is, if it's even possible to host older versions).

MechaTrickster likes this.
  19. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

I actually started playing back when it was in the 220s, build wise. Not that that makes me particularly old in the environment, but it should be noted that I came on board with a wave of /v/irgins from 4chan. It's been a pretty good experience so far, and despite people thinking that /v/ is full of assholes and griefers it's been fun.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Checking my logs I finally found out the first time I played: may 20th~

Those images a bit back were too much nostalgia to handle, wish there was a way to boot up an old version for Lulz and fun